PC only boots into Windows when going through Automatic Repair

barky02

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Hi,

I recently spring cleaned my PC (cleaned, reseated CPU, reinstalled Windows 10) because I was having issues with responsiveness and freezing.

During the reinstall the 'Windows Setup' USB would regularly crash or fail. I solved this by resetting the CMOS.

Afterwards, I noticed strange activity from the Motherboard. For example, DEBUG lights suggested that the CPU and RAM couldn't be detected. These DEBUG lights no longer light up however. I solved this placing my 2 sticks of RAM in the opposing two RAM slots.

Now, after the rebuild, my PC will hang on POST. It will only successfully boot into Windows if I go into Automatic Repair and then restart the PC. This happens every time I boot the machine.

Any ideas?

barky02

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012

I will try turning off fast startup when I get home, thanks for that.

I have a MSI B350 Tomahawk. I updated to the latest BIOS yesterday. I haven't installed the Chipset driver or the RAID driver from the MSI website. Looking back it was stupid to not install them. I will install them and get back to you.

barky02

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012

I installed the latest B350 Chipset driver and turned off 'Fast Startup'. I shut down, turned on, and restarted the machine a few times and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your help