[SOLVED] PC only boots with 1 stick of RAM.

Jan 31, 2020
So randomly one morning my PC decided to not boot, the DRAM debug light was on so I decided to re-seat the RAM. The same thing kept happening so I tried booting with 1 stick only and it worked, the problem now was I only had 1x8gb in my PC with me being a gamer I use over 8gb. So I decided try and troubleshoot by myself, I came to the conclusion that BOTH sticks work by themselves but when they're both inserted my PC decides to not boot? Why would that be?
I have my RAM located at A2 and B2 normally which are the recommend slots.
PSU is 1 year old
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Motherboard: MSI b450 mortar titanium
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z @3200mhz c16
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970evo m.2 500gb
GPU: Asus AMD Vega 64
PSU: Gigabyte GP-G750H 750w 80+ gold
Chassis:NZXT h410

Last edited:
Solution
So randomly one morning my PC decided to not boot, the DRAM debug light was on so I decided to re-seat the RAM. The same thing kept happening so I tried booting with 1 stick only and it worked, the problem now was I only had 1x8gb in my PC with me being a gamer I use over 8gb. So I decided try and troubleshoot by myself, I came to the conclusion that BOTH sticks work by themselves but when they're both inserted my PC decides to not boot? Why would that be?
RAM: G.Skill trident z 3200mhz C16 2x8gb
Mother board: MSI b450 mortar titanium
Did you try all slots? 1-3/2-4? and switched the RAM sticks into both? could potentially be dead slots, or even disabled in your BIOS, these are just light guesses though but its...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also, which slots have you populated your rams on? Latest BIOS for your motherboard? Include the age of the PSU as well.

Reactions: Naisu_Kun
Feb 3, 2020
RAM: G.Skill trident z 3200mhz C16 2x8gb
Mother board: MSI b450 mortar titanium
Did you try all slots? 1-3/2-4? and switched the RAM sticks into both? could potentially be dead slots, or even disabled in your BIOS, these are just light guesses though but its always good to check :)

Reactions: Naisu_Kun
Solution
Jan 31, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also, which slots have you populated your rams on? Latest BIOS for your motherboard? Include the age of the PSU as well.
Thank you, I updated my comment with all my specs. As for the bios I'm not entirely sure if its the latest? But it was when I first build the PC.

Jan 31, 2020
Did you try all slots? 1-3/2-4? and switched the RAM sticks into both? could potentially be dead slots, or even disabled in your BIOS, these are just light guesses though but its always good to check :)
Yes, I did try all the slots, I was thinking it could be dead slots but I wasn't entirely sure....