[SOLVED] Pc only gets 100mbps

Solution
Our ISP provided us a 300mbps speed but my PC only gets 100mbps and I looked at the status of my Ethernet in my pc and the maximum speed that my PC can only get is 100. How can I changed my speed in order for my pc to get the 300mbps.

Here is the link to the screenshot of my Ethernet Status: View: https://imgur.com/a/TUUC9GW
First you need to verify that your PC supports 1GE ethernet. If it does, then it is either a bad cable or some other device (switch, powerline adapter, wall plate) that is causing it to not get 1GE.
A poor quality or bad cable is the most frequent problem. But if you have ANY other devices between your PC network plug and the router, those devices have to be examined...

kanewolf

Titan
Our ISP provided us a 300mbps speed but my PC only gets 100mbps and I looked at the status of my Ethernet in my pc and the maximum speed that my PC can only get is 100. How can I changed my speed in order for my pc to get the 300mbps.

Here is the link to the screenshot of my Ethernet Status: View: https://imgur.com/a/TUUC9GW
First you need to verify that your PC supports 1GE ethernet. If it does, then it is either a bad cable or some other device (switch, powerline adapter, wall plate) that is causing it to not get 1GE.
A poor quality or bad cable is the most frequent problem. But if you have ANY other devices between your PC network plug and the router, those devices have to be examined first.

Solution

Omaiwa

Commendable
Aug 13, 2019
A poor quality or bad cable is the most frequent problem. But if you have ANY other devices between your PC network plug and the router, those devices have to be examined first.
I think my pc support 1GE since the last time i check the status of my Ethernet it was 1.0Gbps. I tried 3 different lan cables but still got 100 mbps speed.

Try plugging it into a different port on the router. Also is this the same router you were using when you say the 1gbit.

You can check the setting in the nic to be sure it is set to auto but i suspect you would remember setting it to 100mbps.

This really is only 2 things. It is a bad port either in the pc or the router or it is the cable. Bad ports are very rare.

Make sure you are using quality cables. You need nothing real special just cat5e but be very sure you are not using those flat cables that you see a lot of now days. Those cables do not meet the standards to be called ethernet cables.