[SOLVED] PC Only goes to BIOS setup after CMOS clear

Dec 18, 2022
Hi everyone,

So the other day i built this configuration (for my sister):

MSI A78M-E35 Socket FM2+ (used)
AMD A10-5800K (used)
4gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz of Kingston RAM (New)
ASUS nVidia GeForce GT 710 SILENT (New)
600w PSU (New)
SSD 256GB (New)

So, when i tried to boot it up for the first time i got this screen :
IMG-20221218-WA0000.jpg
and i entered BIOS setup.
I chose a USB Stick as primary boot option, to install an OS, and when i save and exit setup i only get a blank screen (no signal on monitor), PSU and CPU coolers are working normal.

Then i tried to reset the CMOS by ejecting the battery.
Got the same screen, do everything as mentioned above. I get the blank screen again.
Never even get to MSI logo to go in BIOS setup again, have to reset it every time in order to so.

I tried replacing the CMOS battery, changing the RAM slots.

Any ideas what i can do?

Solution
Managed to find a solution!
Flashed the BIOS, now everything works normally :)

It was on the newest version, but there was something wrong with it, like it was corrupted.
Flashing seems to fix it :)
Are you hitting the key during POST to enter BIOS? Usually that's F10 or DEL key but check the motherboard manual to see which.

Insert a Windows10 setup USB installation media and it might start that and you can proceed to installing an OS.

Simplify things for now and remove the discrete GPU. Use the internal GPU to set up the OS and check it out. Once you know it's working fine then install the discrete GPU and it's drivers.

Dec 18, 2022
Tried to run on internal graphics. Still the same.

I reset the CMOS, get to screen like on picture, enter the BIOS setup, set my USB as a primary boot device, and that is where i hit the wall.
Simply when i hit "Save and Exit", i do not see anything on the screen anymore.

After that i can only reset the CMOS to be able to enter the setup again, no other way.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2022
Managed to find a solution!
Flashed the BIOS, now everything works normally :)

It was on the newest version, but there was something wrong with it, like it was corrupted.
Flashing seems to fix it :)

Solution