[SOLVED] Pc only stays on for a split second

Jul 5, 2020
Hello, I’ve have this issue for a little over a week now. Long story short the pc turned off by itself and wouldn’t boot anymore m, after a lot of research, Reddit posts, and videos I’ve almost given up. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s either the cpu, or motherboard. When I disconnect the 8 pin cpu power the motherboard stays on However none of the rgb on the board turns on, however rgb everywhere else does. I have no way to test either cpu or motherboard. The specs are:

Ryzen 5 1600
Corsair 16gb Vengance 3000mhz
Gtx1080 Duke Oc
Corsair mx500m
Gigabyte ab350 gaming 3

The pc was fully operational before this running games perfectly.

Solution
Hello, I’ve have this issue for a little over a week now. Long story short the pc turned off by itself and wouldn’t boot anymore m, after a lot of research, Reddit posts, and videos I’ve almost given up. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s either the cpu, or motherboard. When I disconnect the 8 pin cpu power the motherboard stays on However none of the rgb on the board turns on, however rgb everywhere else does. I have no way to test either cpu or motherboard. The specs are:

Ryzen 5 1600
Gtx1080 Duke Oc
Corsair mx500m
Gigabyte ab350 gaming 3

Motherboard. Happened to me once on an intel platform. I was playing games at a "lan...

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016

Ryzen 5 1600
Gtx1080 Duke Oc
Corsair mx500m
Gigabyte ab350 gaming 3

Motherboard. Happened to me once on an intel platform. I was playing games at a "lan party" (ikr) and we connected a ton of high end rigs to one power strip. Someone kicked the strip and we all had a power surge. Unfortunately I was the only one with a dead pc. It would turn on then off, dc the 8pin CPU power and turn on but no display. Fans on my GPU ran at max too for some reason. I got a new board and it was fixed as good as new.

Here is the thread of the issue I had as proof (not trying to revive old threads or anything, simply putting this here as a proof):

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/boot-loop-need-help.3566642/#post-21557325

Reactions: Pqul
Solution

Ryzen 5 1600
Gtx1080 Duke Oc
Corsair mx500m
Gigabyte ab350 gaming 3

Did you reset the BIOS? Unplug power, remove CMOS battery hold in power button for about 30 seconds, plug things in see if it boots. Also test with a lower power video card to make sure it's not a power supply issue.

Make sure you contact Gigabyte support before just buying a new motherboard since yours may still be under warranty. A lot of people seem to just toss out something that broke without checking warranty on it.