[SOLVED] PC or PS5?

May 12, 2020
Hello ! I want an opinion. I saved some money to invest in my gaming hobby, but i cant decide what to buy. Should I buy an new PC (now I have an i5 6600k and an gtx 1070 FE) or the new PS5 in december. Thank you!

Solution
Well, I would say both :)

But I agree that it would ultimately come down to the games you'd like to play that aren't available on the other platform.

Although let me say that the 6600K and 1070 are still decent machines. Even for nowadays. With that logic I would go for the PS5 if you're interested in their potential exclusive games and then slowly start upgrading your PC piece by piece (as that's the whole beauty of it) whenever you feel like you want to switch over.
That would depend almost entirely on if you already have a massive list of steam games, or if there are any anticipated and cannot pass up PS5 exclusive titles. Also if you have a preference for controlers/keyboards and mouse. Another thing to note is that you will basically have to pay for PSN+ or whatever its called to play with other people for the vast majority of games.

But I agree that it would ultimately come down to the games you'd like to play that aren't available on the other platform.

Although let me say that the 6600K and 1070 are still decent machines. Even for nowadays. With that logic I would go for the PS5 if you're interested in their potential exclusive games and then slowly start upgrading your PC piece by piece (as that's the whole beauty of it) whenever you feel like you want to switch over.

Reactions: D4L1_22
Solution
May 12, 2020

Yes, i think this is what i will do

Reactions: julienruc
I agree with the others on game library and title availability being the major deciding factor.
What resolution will you be gaming at? Remember that if you are only running at 1080p (or even 1440p with some titles) you can get away with a mid-range gaming rig and still run most AAA titles (with a few exceptions) at max quality settings AND run excellent eye-candy mods. You can save even more money by doing a tiered system upgrades upgrade everything except the GPU OR upgrade just the GPU. 1-2 years later upgrade the other side.