PC or XBOX Gaming?

sudo17

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013
What is better? PC or XBOX? I personally and definitely think that PC is better in all cases, in every subject. It's wayyy faster, you can upgrade it, you can connect to multiple networks, the GPU is better, you have basically unlimited space.

Any other reasons?

ram1009

Distinguished
There are no advantages to consoles. They are nothing more than proprietary computers with restricted abilities. Their subsystems are outdated on the day they are made available and cannot be upgraded. They are totally unsuitable for FPS games since aiming quickly and accurately is impossible with their feeble little controllers. I sometimes like to use cheat codes in single player games. Impossible with consoles. The list goes on.

sudo17

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013
Thank you! I know right! Consoles are so outdated, they take like a few years to get upgraded, while PC upgrades everyday. Cheat codes, you can do in GTA, but serious hacking/cracking is only for PC.

the correct answer is that neither is better. both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

console:
-relatively inexpensive
-since all hardware is the same its easy to develop for
-all players are on an equal playing field in terms of hardware
-easy to use
-some console specific games are available

-hardware is underpowered
-limited to a gaming or streaming device only
-not upgradeable

pc:
-much better gaming performance
-pc can be used for other tasks besides gaming
-some games are only available on pc
-you can upgrade or repair a pc

-much more expensive than consoles
-how much you spend dictates your performance
-there are many more releases for consoles than pc at this moment
-controllers somtimes have issues with windows and some games might not support them fully
-pc gaming is more complicated

i think that just about sums it up.

i have both a pc and consoles (ps2 & ps3) and they serve different purposes. something may be better for console, something may be better for pc. there is no real "winner"

Ryaanowen

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013

look at the advantages you wrote for PC they are way more. I personally thinks PC have always being superior then consoles.

vjay6091

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
For hardcore Gaming no one can touch Territory of PC. for casual gaming comparisons can be made tough PC has few advantages but every coin has two sides so does in gaming