PC originally worked but had graphics card issues, now it won't work with or without a new graphics card.

Nov 3, 2018
Hey, so I've been building my gaming rig for almost 2 months now, and it's had constant problems. I'm completely lost at this point so any help would be appreciated.

Specs
------------
- Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E gaming
- Intel Core i7-8700k (EK Supremacy EVO - Nickel Waterblock)
- Asus Nvidia RTX 2080ti (EK-Vector RTX 2080 Ti RGB - Nickel + Plexi Waterblock)
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB DDR4 3200
- SeaSonic 750W Power Supply X750 Gold
- Samsung 960 Pro NVMe PCIe M.2 512 GB
- Seagate 1TB BarraCuda
- Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
- 2x EK-Coolstream SE 360 radiators
- Corsair CO-9050067-WW HD Series, HD120 RGB LED, 120mm LED fans
------------
The story:

I received and put together most of my parts in early September while waiting for the 2080ti. I made sure to test my motherboard out of box and verified that it posted with all the RAM and CPU detected (I did not have my graphics card at the time).

Everything went smoothly even after I got my graphics card and installed the waterblock. There were no leaks during leak testing, and I installed windows through a USB (at this point I was displaying to my monitor through hdmi from my cpu not graphics card because I wasn't sure if drivers needed to be installed before running display from my graphics card). Windows installed successfully and I was able to successfully download drivers for the card and have it recognized in Nvidia's graphics control panel, so I switched over to display port on the graphics card.

Here's where everything started going wrong. I decided to test out the card on Overwatch, but it showed horrible lag on the title screen, and the computer crashed 20 seconds after it was opened. Rebooted, tried again, crashed again. I then switched over to the integrated graphics on my CPU, and overwatch ran fine. It turned out that when the card was put under the slightest stress, the display would crash. I monitored temps under HWMonitor, and it looked like the card was crashing after it exceeded 70 degrees, so I drained the system, reapplied thermal paste, tried again, and this time the system wouldn't even post with the card in.....

I contacted ASUS about the card and they suggested RMA, so I sent it in and received a replacement 3 weeks later. Just yesterday I set the loop back up, did a leak test, decided to try booting without the card in at all, and the system won't post.

Now I've been getting all sorts of different scenarios and I can't seem to find a connection at all. First, there were no lights on the motherboard indicating anything wrong with posting, but the green light indicating a successful post wasn't there either. I cleared the CMOS and tried again. This time it got to the press F2 or DEL screen, but crashed after 5 seconds. I rebooted again and kept pressing F2 and the system managed to get to the bios, but crashed afterwards. I rebooted again, kept pressing F2, switched over to the advanced tab and back, and it stayed in bios without crashing. I managed to boot into windows and log into my account, then when I finally stopped inputting anything for 5 seconds the computer crashed. Rebooted again and I get the green light indicating the PC is posting but there's no display anywhere (my graphics card is still unplugged at this point, trying to run hdmi from my motherboard).

I'm seriously at a loss any help would be appreciated.