[SOLVED] PC outputted to two monitors - one displayport to my 27" 1440p 144hz & one hdmi to my 22" 1080p led. BIOS doesnt show up on 27" main screen

tytds

Honorable
Mar 26, 2016
My main pc screen is the 27" displayport monitor and whenever i launch my pc, the HDMI monitor is getting the bios startup menu. However, i have configured the pc to not project to the 22" when not in use to save power (win key + p). So whenever i turn the pc on, my 27" will take a while to load but my 22" gets instant access to the windows logo bootup and bios. 27" will get the main display while the 22" is a black screen since not in use. Any suggestions to launch the bios on my 27"? DP & hdmi connected to the gpu

tytds

Honorable
Mar 26, 2016
Swap the connections between the monitors. Your main screen does not mean it's the first screen the computer detects when it boots.
the only way i can get the bios to boot to my 27" monitor using DP is if i unplug the hdmi connection from my GPU. If i unplug the hdmi connection from my other monitor but leave the other end of the cable to the gpu, I assume that the motherboard still detects that connection and will try to project the BIOS to the hdmi connection.