Pc overheating help

Jul 31, 2018
Hi I know nothing about computers but plz help. I cleaned my computer and it is free of dust but behind the CPU fan I think the graphics card??? Idk what it’s called ok? But it’s overheating within like ten seconds of being turned on and switching off plz send help

Jul 31, 2018
Smhoochie hi! It was overheating before I cleaned it but back then it was only switching off when I entered games like overwatch but since I cleaned it out it switches off straight away

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
If I were you, I would download HWinfo and monitor the temps right before it shuts down. If the gpu or the cpu temps are showing 90+, then it is definitely shutting down because of heat. Go ahead and list the idle temps though and the temps while gaming.

There are several reasons it can start overheating randomly:
1. Check for failing fans on the cpu, gpu and the case. If any of them are failing, it could overheat.
2. The thermal paste that the manufacturers apply can dry up over time and pull away from the heatsink and processor die. This can happen on both the gpu and the cpu, and if you are not comfortable replacing them, then you should take it to a local tech.
3. The cpu or the gpu could be failing, which can sometimes manifest as an inability to regulate temperature.

My guess is that it is 1 or 2. How old is the pc?