PC Overheating Problem

gamingzone

Reputable
Sep 5, 2017
Hi, so my system overheats while playing games, usually the idle temperature is around 50c, I have 2 case fans installed and the gpu also has heatskin fan. Both case fans are sucking air out and this is how my case is placed. It reaches around 90c while playing causing fps drops.
Any help regarding that?
IMG-20180603-WA0000.jpg

Solution
OK, if the fans are both sucking out, that the front is merely decorative, how is the air getting INTO the case?

You might get better results from turning one of those fans around and blowing cold air into the case; ideally you want one blowing cold air in, and one at the other end (near the cpu), sucking warm air out.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
It could do with a good clean.

The intake filter at the front looks clogged for starters; and when did you last open it up and clean the cpu cooler?

(Use a vacuum cleaner with soft brush attachment, some people say to use a can of air, but all that does is blow the crud back into the air, so it soon gets sucked back into the cooler and filters)

gamingzone

Reputable
Sep 5, 2017

I've cleaned the CPU like 3 days ago, it didn't help, the left side has one case fan attached to it so I can't remove it.

That's not an intake filter, it's the design

You can disconnect that fan on the side panel, having the side open may help.
Also are you all the fans are running? Sometimes the they just die from age.

gamingzone

Reputable
Sep 5, 2017

Yup I've bought the case fan like a month ago. Before that I used to have one case fan at the back and the side open but still it didn't help me, so I guess its not the problem.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
OK, if the fans are both sucking out, that the front is merely decorative, how is the air getting INTO the case?

You might get better results from turning one of those fans around and blowing cold air into the case; ideally you want one blowing cold air in, and one at the other end (near the cpu), sucking warm air out.

Solution

gamingzone

Reputable
Sep 5, 2017
Ok I made the rear fan suck air out and the side fan suck air in, it worked. CPU max temps decreased by nearly 20-25c.
I ran prime95 test with the old config and it was 100c.
After using the new method provided @CaptainCretin, the max temps reached were 70c.

Thanks buddy.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016

Glad to help.

TRENDING THREADS