[SOLVED] PC overheating problems?

Carlos2109

Honorable
Feb 27, 2017
Hello everyone!
This is my last attempt on trying to fix my "Gaming PC" I come to this forum seeking help from the PROS.

So... I bought a prebuild system from iBUYPOWER

it comes with Windows 10
16 GB of DDR4 RAM
Intel Core i7 9700k and a GEFORCE 2070 Graphics

All I Play is STEAM Games, like Dark Souls III etc.

A few minutes in the game, (doesn't matter which one) and I notice my PC getting quite hot to the touch, and then... The game crashes. what bothers me is that when the game crashes, It won't show any error message whatsoever, just.. straight to the Desktop. That only happens when I'm lucky, some other times the system will just crash and shows the screen "Something went wrong :("

Since this prebuild came with an AiO Cooling, for some reason I thought it was not doing its job properly so I replaced it with an Air Cooling Solution. (a Nocturna NH-D15 to be precise)

Guess what... IT KEEPS CRASHING...

I did all the proper steps you know, removed the old AiO including its thermal paste which to my surprise it wasn't very much, cleaned the CPU and apply new thermal paste

I also checked my games' settings and everything is set on Default.

I'm not an Overclocking enthusiast so I don't even know how to set up my Motherboard to overclock my CPU. Although I haven't checked the settings on my MB Since I got the PC, there might be something there that is causing it from overheating?

At this point I am willing to try anything.

Any suggestions guys?