Pc overheats and shut downs immediately

Jun 1, 2018
My pc gets shut down immediately with over sound of cpu fan and 100% of cpu usage.. even checked prime95 application for cpu stress. It turns off within 2minutes. I think the cpu failure begans.
My pc specs:
Intel Pentium D 945 3ghz
4gb ddr2 800mhz ram
Nvidia 210 gpu
500gb hard drive.
Cpu usage is 100%
And temp is 66°C
After restart, the pc shows blue screen error with thread handling expections...
Cpu fan rpm goes till 4500rpm
What cause this problem.. should i have to change cpu??

Hoetan

Commendable
Jul 24, 2017
Your PC is turning itself off to prevent damage to the CPU as it is overheating to a dangerous degree of temperature.

Make sure you have a CPU cooler, and that it is properly installed and the heatsink is touching the CPU.
I'd also highly recommend applying thermal paste to the CPU to help temperatures go down with the help of the CPU cooler. Most CPU coolers come with thermal paste pre-applied, but some people like to use their own. Either way, highly recommend using thermal paste.

Hope this helped!
-Lachlan :)

Jun 1, 2018
Yeah! There is heatsink fan with enough thermal paste.. even though it does same.. at sometimes i see the blue screen error "system thread exception not handled" cpu fan goes among 4000rpm and it sounds very high. Hope you get any suggestions