[SOLVED] PC part choosing dilemma! Please help

kanu24404

Prominent
May 21, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am kanav from india. I am basically studying programming and development. I am interested in using android studio in the near future for development. I also want to host some server thing on this pc.In short, this would be mainly used for productivity and development and occasional heavy gaming. So after some 70 days of research i have concluded to build this machine . Btw i have a fixed budget of about 1 lakh rupees or around 1400$. I also want to stream games like pubg and apex part time. Here are the specs i am seeking forward to-

CPU- Ryzen 7 3800x
PSU- THERMALTAKE TR2 S SERIES SMPS 600 Watt 80 Plus
GPU- Galax 1660 6gb
RAM- G.skill Trident Neo ZX 3200mhz 2x8gb
Mobo- Gigabyte x570 aorus elite
Storage- 2tb 7.2k seagate barracuda + crucial 500gb SATA ssd

So is there anything i should change ??
Total cost is about 1 lakh. Can't exceed that.
Please suggest if any change is needed in this config i plan to build
PS.I wanted the 3900x but alas,I will have to wait too long for it here in India. Also, i know 3700x is a cheaper and better deal, but i am afraid of tweaking the AMD oc settings so i prefer 3800x's out-of-the-box higher clocks.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
The build looks solid minus the PSU. I would also look into getting 1 higher capacity m.2 ssd instead of the current storage setup, although it is still good as is.

Yeah I agree especially since you can get an Intel 660P for around $100 right now and there's a few other M2 brands like Crucial and WD that you can get around the same price.

I also agree on the PSU too - that thing is a hunk of junk. I would also suggest that you could save some money by dropping the CPU to the 3700X instead of the 3800X - it's literally the exact same CPU except for the stock clock and you can overclock it and get the same settings in the BIOS.

g-unit1111

Titan
The build looks solid minus the PSU. I would also look into getting 1 higher capacity m.2 ssd instead of the current storage setup, although it is still good as is.

Yeah I agree especially since you can get an Intel 660P for around $100 right now and there's a few other M2 brands like Crucial and WD that you can get around the same price.

I also agree on the PSU too - that thing is a hunk of junk. I would also suggest that you could save some money by dropping the CPU to the 3700X instead of the 3800X - it's literally the exact same CPU except for the stock clock and you can overclock it and get the same settings in the BIOS.

Reactions: kanu24404
Solution

kanu24404

Prominent
May 21, 2018

I have changed the PSU and ssd as per suggesrions but- I read in some forum on Tom's hardware that the better infinity fabric is reserved for 3800x models. So i was worried about that. Also, its my first time with amd so, unlike intel, i am not familiar with its oc settings.

g-unit1111

Titan
I have changed the PSU and ssd as per suggesrions but- I read in some forum on Tom's hardware that the better infinity fabric is reserved for 3800x models. So i was worried about that. Also, its my first time with amd so, unlike intel, i am not familiar with its oc settings.

I don't think that is necessarily true. The only real discernable difference between the 3700X and 3800X is the stock clock speeds, other than that they're virtually identical. Whoever made that claim is most likely either making it up or is purposefully trying to find fault with the other CPU.

Reactions: kanu24404