Question PC Partially comes to life when PSU turns on

Jun 21, 2022
I recently decided to upgrade my PC because my old GPU decided to kill itself, very similarly to the thread here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/gpu-not-working-and-then-caught-on-fire.3715730/

I had the same exact GPU and it killed itself in an identical manner, smoking at MOSFET located in Q37.

Regardless, since my GPU decided to kill itself, and GPU prices have come down substantially recently I decided to upgrade to an RTX 3070, and upgrade my PSU to an EVGA 1000 gt.

I plugged all the components in together the right way and have this strange error that occurs. Without having my front IO panel connected to the motherboard, when I flip my PSU switch my system seems to come to life. All the fans spin, all the LED's turn on, the water cooler lights turn on, everything seems to turn on, but it refuses to show anything on the screen. I plugged my computer into the internet to see if maybe I could see the device join the internet, in the case that it is booting up and the new GPU is failing, but I do not ever see it go online from my router.

I'm not exactly sure what is going on specifically, or how the PC is coming to life on a whim when I turn on the power supply. it doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

I have tried connecting the front panel connector and turning it off, but i can't seem to do that either, the only way to turn it on and off is from the PSU directly.

Im currently expecting my motherboard to be the problem, I can't imagine that the new GPU or PSU are the problems although they could be. This is just a really strange issue to have, i don't really know what to do.

The components of the system are as listed:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master LC240
RAM: 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-3600
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 GT
SSD: Sabrenet 2TB nvme, and PNY CS1311 480GB
GPU: ASUS DUAL Nvidia RTX 3070
MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite Wifi

Jun 21, 2022
What were the old specs including the old PSU? You didn't re-use any modular cables, did you?

The only things I changed were the PSU and GPU
The old GPU was an MSI GTX 1070 that blew, identical to the one in the link that I mentioned.
The old PSU was an EVGA 700B, non modular. I am using entirely new cables.