[SOLVED] PC parts been stored for 2 years. Any reconditioning needed for liquid CPU cooler before re-building? (H100i V2)

OriKuper

Reputable
Feb 20, 2017
Hello, I found here someone's similar post regarding his coolmax (he was answered nothing special needed other than new paste), and I'm not sure if same thing goes for my corsair:
2 year ago I had to take my PC apart. Since then the parts been in a clean and cool storage (closet). All parts been sitting back in their original boxes. It's a Corsair H100i V2 liquid cooler.
When coming to re-build my PC: Other than cleaning the old, and applying new - thermal paste to both the CPU and the cooler attachment area - is there any reconditioning needed for the liquid CPU cooler unit? If so - how?
Thanks!

Solution
Nothing else needs to be done besides what you mentioned. The liquid in that AIO (All-in-one liquid cooler) is mostly water and glycol, so it shouldn't have evaporated or hardened up, it has a shelf life of about 5-6 years. Just clean up any dust on the radiator, put on thermal paste, and plug-and-play.
Nothing else needs to be done besides what you mentioned. The liquid in that AIO (All-in-one liquid cooler) is mostly water and glycol, so it shouldn't have evaporated or hardened up, it has a shelf life of about 5-6 years. Just clean up any dust on the radiator, put on thermal paste, and plug-and-play.

Solution