PC Parts Compatibility

The Law

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I am going to buy a new PC and I need a few questions answered from someone who is experienced with this topic.Here are my future specs:
-Corsair CX750 Builder Series
-EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5 256bit
-MSI Computer Corp. LGA1150/Intel H81/DDR3/SATA3 and USB3.0/A&GbE/MicroATX Motherboard H81M-P33
-Intel Core i7-4770K
-Kingston Technology HyperX Blu 8GB 1333MHz DDR3
-500 GB HDD
Here are my questions:
1.How much power supply do I need for this system?Is 600w enough or do I need 750?
2.Are all the parts compactible with each other(gpu,cpu,psu,ram)
3.Will I be able to run all new games without lag?

if you intend to be gaming you can get away with an i5-4670k. if you are going to be recording games, video editing or other demanding tasks then you will want that i7-4770k instead. if you do not want to overclock you dont need a k suffixed chip, if you do want to overclock then you need it.

you will want a cpu cooler. at least a hyper 212 + or 212 evo.

if you want to overclock it would need a z87 motherboard. if you dont want to overclock it could be h87 or the other variations. the one you picked out is a non overclocking model and you have it paired with an overclockable cpu (bad choice)

that ram is slow and one stick is bad. you want 2 sticks of at least 1600.

a gtx 760 isnt terrible but you could likely do better if you changed your parts around a bit.

750w psu is overkill. a 650 would work however wouldnt support adding in another card later on for sli. if you want sli as an option in the future keep the 750, if you dont then go to a 650 (though depending on actual parts you might be able to drop even further such as a 500-600 but you would need to do a power calculation to verify). i agree while a cx series isnt all that great it does work. the modular versions (suffixed with m) are a bit higher quality. i would highly suggest using a psu from xfx or seasonic.

newer games can be ran however depending on what quality levels there may be lag. you should be fine on medium for things like bf4 and any other games somewhere on high or ultra if at 1080p. provided you take our suggestions that is.

-------------------------

what i would suggest doing is listing your maximum budget, country you are purchasing in, what games you want to play at what settings on what resolution and whether the budget includes a monitor, os, kb+m or other accessories or if it just pertains to the tower. that way we could give you a parts list which would better benefit you.

also list if you want to sli in the future or overclock.

The Law

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Thank you for your answers but I decided to go with this:
-i5 4670k(mainly for gaming and ocasionally recording)
-GTX 760(not planning an SLI)
-8 GB Kingston RAM
-Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo
-Corsair CX750
-1TB WD Blue
-Thermaltake v4 Black Edition

I think that is all I need for gaming nowadays but I have a question about the motherboard?Does it come with an itnergrated sound and internet card?And can I also use my old DVD reader because it is really good and I don't want to buy a new one

The Law

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Oh sorry I forgot,If I wanted to save some money and buy a gtx 660 how much of a difference would it be?