Pc Parts Compatibility

Nov 9, 2018
Good day!

I have an Intel core i3 4150, 4gb of 1600mhz ram, Gigabyte Ga-H81m-Dsv2 motherboard, GTX 1050ti and vs450 psu.

My question is, is the power supply enough to power everthing?

**Before, I had a G4400 6th gen build with 8gbs of ram and H110m mobo with the same vs450 psu and the same 1050ti. It had no problems.

Solution
Hi, 450w is more than enough for your setup but do look into a better quality power supply as an upgrade in the future. Between 500w to 600w and Gold rating, something like a Seasonic.... but more than okay at the moment.
Hi, 450w is more than enough for your setup but do look into a better quality power supply as an upgrade in the future. Between 500w to 600w and Gold rating, something like a Seasonic.... but more than okay at the moment.

Solution
They should be compatible... if the power supply worked fine on the other build, then it'll work here too(power consumption is similar).

My advice for the future would be to switch to a better power supply unit(VS series PSUs are crap). Upgrading to something like a CX450M/CX550M would be a great improvement.

I'd avoid thermaltake and cooler master PSUs.... their lower end units are not that great, only the high end ones are decent.
You'd be better off with Corsair CX/TX series(the newer models with the grey label), Seasonic FOCUS Plus or EVGA SuperNOVA G3 models.

Yep, I would agree with ChumP on avoiding the Thermaltake...If you can find a Seasonic Focus Plus on special offer, especially with Black Friday coming up at a good price...jump on it...