Question PC performance drop after Driver fix

Feb 24, 2019
So, about around Christmas time last year I got a few new parts for my one year old pc I got. It used to have a 1050ti and a Ryzen 3 1300x with 8GB of ram with an MSI B350M gaming pro motherboard. I upgraded my 1050ti to a 1070 and my prcessor to a Ryzen 5 2600 with an extra stick of 8GB of ram. Ever since then I have been getting constant BSODs like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the most popular one PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I downloaded whocrashed and pinned it down to a fulty driver: the ntdll.sys. I seemed to have fixed it and ran a driver verifier and the frequency has turned down for the BSODs and they dont happen anymore. However, once the computer rebooted that day my pointer was ghosting around my desktop screen and my game performance has dropped significantly for a select few games. Sea of Thieves is capped at 50 regardless of v-sync or frame lock, I have Geforce Experience and all my drivers are up to date and there is no outside setting that has v-sync on (that I know of), this game ran very well when i first got my upgrades and cant seem to pin this source down. I turned down my resolution in SoT and the game gave me an error saying I didnt have the system requirements or a driver was out of date. once again my Rig is:

Ryzen 5 2600
Geforce GTX 1070
16GB RAM
MSI B350M gaming pro
1 terabyte hard drive at 7200 RPM
EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze

This is sorta multiple problems at once but ANY help would be appreciate, I am not illiterate when it comes to computers but I can always learn more.

Edit: Im, quite sure at this point that the cursor lag may be related to the game lag.

Last edited: