Pc performance issue

Alfiebench

Prominent
May 29, 2017
So basically back in 2013 I bought a Alienware gaming pc , still use it to this day , i7-4790k , gtx 1060 gb , 16gb ram but it's started to run slower and freeze often , any ideas how I can make it more reliable and keep a high level of performance

Solution
Slower and freezes often?
hmmmm...you can try doing these, actually free of costs (not in any order)
1. Check if your PC is really free from viruses, malwares, etc.
2. Check if your PSU is really strong enough especially after you get the GTX1060
3. Clean the PC from dust and check the temps on your proc and graphic card
4. Uninstall unneeded program, disable unneeded programs from start, keep your Windows+Security up2date, clean all the cookies and temp files, etc. use assist programs e.g. CCleaner, etc. (becareful not to pick evil stuffs)
5. Check the health of your HDDs/SSDs and RAM.
6. You can also try simply to re-install the Windows fresh <--- considered among last resorts
7. You have the -k proc, disable the OC, if you have it...
Slower and freezes often?
hmmmm...you can try doing these, actually free of costs (not in any order)
1. Check if your PC is really free from viruses, malwares, etc.
2. Check if your PSU is really strong enough especially after you get the GTX1060
3. Clean the PC from dust and check the temps on your proc and graphic card
4. Uninstall unneeded program, disable unneeded programs from start, keep your Windows+Security up2date, clean all the cookies and temp files, etc. use assist programs e.g. CCleaner, etc. (becareful not to pick evil stuffs)
5. Check the health of your HDDs/SSDs and RAM.
6. You can also try simply to re-install the Windows fresh <--- considered among last resorts
7. You have the -k proc, disable the OC, if you have it OCed, for the time being during checking what could go wrong.

Solution