PC Performance Issues Randomly

Two Dimensions

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
First off I'd like to say that I built my computer in September of last year and for the most part it has ran very well. But for some reason in the last few days it randomly took a turn for the worse. I turned on my computer and everything was a little sluggish. I had bought the game Nier: Automata and downloaded it. I tried running it and it really slowed the performance of my computer down. I played a game of League of Legends(which I usually get very high framerate on very high settings) and I got like 80 frames at most on this session. Along with that my voice in discord stopped working and the audio occasionally started crackling in game. I decided to restart the computer another time and then I had absolutely no audio. My Realtek HD audio was pretty broken. So I gave up for the night and tried the next day. I reinstalled the audio drivers and that fixed the audio for the most part when I plugged a pair of 3.5 mm headphones into the jack on the computer. But then I plugged my USB headphones (logitech g633) into the USB port and no sound. So I fiddled with the logitech settings and unplugging and replugging in the headphones and changing the audio from Realtek HD audio (output) to the USB headphones and it eventually got sound. But the problem is though is that now from time to time the sound crackles and pops, kind of similar to frame rate stutter, or if you alt tab out of a full screen game. So I went into my first League game and the performance was atrocious. I consistently got 20 to 30 fps and occasionally dipped into the teens. I really don't know what to do at this point so I thought I'd consult people on Tom's Hardware because you guys are a lot more knowledgeable than I am.

Hello

Can you please check and confirm if Windows has all its latest updates installed, and that the graphics driver is up-to-date as well?

Many times such issues arise due to obsolete or unsupported graphics driver. If your graphics driver is updated, try using an earlier version of the driver.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Two Dimensions

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
Sorry I accidentally down voted! I updated all of the windows and nvidia graphics settings and the problem still persists. I do think it is worth mentioning that every time I shut down and restart my computer the audio does the same thing as stated earlier.

Hello again

In that case, you may want to scan your PC for any malware or other malicious or virus programs. Also, running some PC optimization tools like Ashampoo WinOptimizer or Ccleaner might help.

Oh! And please never mind that down-voting. That's OK :)

Cheers!!

Two Dimensions

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
Hello, Yeah I downloaded Avast specifically to see if there were any viruses and it said that there was not. Maybe I should try an alternative option to see if those will catch anything.

Two Dimensions

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
So I ran A CCleaner and that fixed a lot of the problem after a restart. But with that said I still have lowered performance(not as bad) and I have the audio crackling still. But upon restarting I could at least hear sound

Update: after another restart I have returned back to square one, with no audio.