[SOLVED] PC Performance - Warzone

May 26, 2021
I have had this computer for around 5 months now.
The specs are :
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x clock speed: 3593 Mhz
FE NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 1725Mhz
ram G.Skill F4-3600C16-16GTZNC (2x)
a Gigabyte b450 Aorus pro wifi motherboard
1 TB SSD
power supply 80 plus 650 w (gp-p650b)
Nvidia Driver 466.47

With this setup I would think that at 1080p I would be able to get 144 fps in warzone. I have seen many videos on youtube and other places where this is true. Even at lowest settings for all graphics in warzone I still am around 130 fps at 1080p. Am I overestimating my gaming setup and wanting it to do more than it is capable of or is something wrong?

Last edited:
Solution
Okay, I have now set the PBO to enabled. I live in USA, I am not sure about price range - what is the standard price for that range of a decent psu.

I just did a test and ran a quick game. It seems like now my frames are hovering around 130 ish which is better! It does look like my cpu is holding frames back for my pc. The cpu temp was around 60-65 which running one game and gpu temp was 65-70 during it too.
Upon further review that PSU is not the best but also not the worst. I equated that PSU with the models gigabyte is producing more recently which are garbage e-waste. This older gigabyte PSU was made by different people. It has a decent fan, its DC-DC, and middling ripple. The PSU should be fine, but it is still an entry...
May 26, 2021
I have had this computer for around 5 months now.
The specs are :
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x clock speed: 3593 Mhz
FE NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 1725Mhz
ram G.Skill F4-3600C16-16GTZNC (2x)
a Gigabyte b450 Aorus pro wifi motherboard
1 TB SSD
power supply 80 plus 650 w (gp-p650b)
Nvidia Driver 466.47

With this setup I would think that at 1080p I would be able to get 144 fps in warzone. I have seen many videos on youtube and other places where this is true. Even at lowest settings for all graphics in warzone I still am around 130 fps at 1080p. Am I overestimating my gaming setup and wanting it to do more than it is capable of or is something wrong?

Do you have DOCP setup for the RAM in the BIOS? Do you have a decent cooler on the 3700x? If so do you have PBO on in the BIOS? Typically at 1080p especially at low settings if you see no improvement on your FPS its because your CPU is limiting your ability to get more FPS. Another thing is that Nvidia cards get less fps at 1080p than AMD cards typically because their drivers have more CPU overhead.

On a side note, if that is the Gigabyte PSU I think it is, please for the health of your PC get rid of it for a decent quality unit from Seasonic, Corsair, or others.

May 26, 2021
Do you have DOCP setup for the RAM in the BIOS? Do you have a decent cooler on the 3700x? If so do you have PBO on in the BIOS? Typically at 1080p especially at low settings if you see no improvement on your FPS its because your CPU is limiting your ability to get more FPS. Another thing is that Nvidia cards get less fps at 1080p than AMD cards typically because their drivers have more CPU overhead.

On a side note, if that is the Gigabyte PSU I think it is, please for the health of your PC get rid of it for a decent quality unit from Seasonic, Corsair, or others.
I have XMP settings on for my ram set to profile 1. For PBO it is set to auto. the other options are disabled, enable, or advanced. If i choose to turn it on I will be checking my cpu temp to make sure it doesnt get to hot. what is the range that the cpu temp should stay below? Also yes it is the gigabyte psu. If I get a new psu what watt range do you think I should go for.

I have XMP settings on for my ram set to profile 1. For PBO it is set to auto. the other options are disabled, enable, or advanced. If i choose to turn it on I will be checking my cpu temp to make sure it doesnt get to hot. what is the range that the cpu temp should stay below? Also yes it is the gigabyte psu. If I get a new psu what watt range do you think I should go for.
For PBO select enabled. DOCP is on, good.

As for the PSU any decent quality 650-750 watt PSU will do. If you would like a specific suggestion let me know what country you are in and budget.

May 26, 2021
Okay, I have now set the PBO to enabled. I live in USA, I am not sure about price range - what is the standard price for that range of a decent psu. Hopefully the PBO settings will help. I will keep an eye on the cpu temp when I run the game too.

Reactions: Why_Me
May 26, 2021
For PBO select enabled. DOCP is on, good.

As for the PSU any decent quality 650-750 watt PSU will do. If you would like a specific suggestion let me know what country you are in and budget.

Okay, I have now set the PBO to enabled. I live in USA, I am not sure about price range - what is the standard price for that range of a decent psu.

I just did a test and ran a quick game. It seems like now my frames are hovering around 130 ish which is better! It does look like my cpu is holding frames back for my pc. The cpu temp was around 60-65 which running one game and gpu temp was 65-70 during it too.

Upon further review that PSU is not the best but also not the worst. I equated that PSU with the models gigabyte is producing more recently which are garbage e-waste. This older gigabyte PSU was made by different people. It has a decent fan, its DC-DC, and middling ripple. The PSU should be fine, but it is still an entry level PSU. If you get any even more power hungry parts I would probably replace the PSU with the previously mentioned units.

Its good that you have likely identified your fps bottleneck. The only real way to get more FPS at 1080p when you already have a fast GPU is to replace the CPU with something faster like any 5000 series processor. Alternatively you could try getting another of the same exact 2x8 kit of RAM from G skill to get the benefits of dual rank operation. This would be slightly faster and would equate to a few % more fps.

Solution