[SOLVED] PC performing REALLY badly after possible memory issue.

Nov 22, 2021
I had an issue about 2/3 weeks ago where I would turn on my computer and the fans and lights would turn on but no signal was being sent to the monitors at all. I check all the basic stuff like a different cable, different monitor, turning it off and on multiple times. I googled the issue and ended up taking out one of my 2 sticks of ram and it booted normally.

I then turned it off again and put the ram stick back in but change their positions and it wouldnt boot again. So I just presumed the ram stick was dead and i still have 16gb so not a big deal. But any new ish game I run maxes my CPU at 100% causing extremely low fps and stuttering (sub 60 and in some cases sub 30). In general all games I play run WAY worse than they used to.

i7-7700k 4.20Ghz (8CPUs)

Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming

Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 PC-24000 32GB 2x16GB ( 1 stick of 16 now )

Gtx 1080ti

Corsair RM850X 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular

I ran a userbenchmark and I have absolutley no idea what im looking at but the fact it says Performing way below expectations under every component doesnt seem good.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/47989696

Solution
I had an issue about 2/3 weeks ago where I would turn on my computer and the fans and lights would turn on but no signal was being sent to the monitors at all. I check all the basic stuff like a different cable, different monitor, turning it off and on multiple times. I googled the issue and ended up taking out one of my 2 sticks of ram and it booted normally.

I then turned it off again and put the ram stick back in but change their positions and it wouldnt boot again. So I just presumed the ram stick was dead and i still have 16gb so not a big deal. But any new ish game I run maxes my CPU at 100% causing extremely low fps and stuttering (sub 60 and in some cases sub 30). In general all games I play run WAY worse than they used to...
With only one stick of RAM I could understand that games run noticably slower now. The benchmark didn't run the way it's supposed to, as is also mentioned: Very high background CPU (34%). High background CPU reduces benchmark accuracy.

I'd fix your memory issue and then try benchmarking again.

I then turned it off again and put the ram stick back in but change their positions and it wouldnt boot again. So I just presumed the ram stick was dead and i still have 16gb so not a big deal. But any new ish game I run maxes my CPU at 100% causing extremely low fps and stuttering (sub 60 and in some cases sub 30). In general all games I play run WAY worse than they used to.

i7-7700k 4.20Ghz (8CPUs)

Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming

Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 PC-24000 32GB 2x16GB ( 1 stick of 16 now )

Gtx 1080ti

Corsair RM850X 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular

I ran a userbenchmark and I have absolutley no idea what im looking at but the fact it says Performing way below expectations under every component doesnt seem good.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/47989696
2 things to try.
Enable xmp in the bios.
Boot the pc and wait a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed and post a LINK to the results page.

Solution
Nov 22, 2021
2 things to try.
Enable xmp in the bios.
Boot the pc and wait a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed and post a LINK to the results page.

Okay so whilst the pc was off I tried cleaning both sticks of memory again just to try really, and for whatever reason now the computer boots with both sticks in and seems to be working. They were both running at 2133, so i enabled xmp as you said and ran UBM. I have ran the test 4 times now and for some reason it doesnt look like its working properly with my gpu? Either way heres my last results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48095578

Okay so whilst the pc was off I tried cleaning both sticks of memory again just to try really, and for whatever reason now the computer boots with both sticks in and seems to be working. They were both running at 2133, so i enabled xmp as you said and ran UBM. I have ran the test 4 times now and for some reason it doesnt look like its working properly with my gpu? Either way heres my last results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48095578
UBM is not running proper.
I don't know why that is.
Try to delete the copy you have and download a fresh copy.