Question PC performing very badly after new motherboard

Jun 13, 2019
Hi, a friend of mine got a new motherboard, a GIGABYTE GA H81M HD3,
now when he installed every component, his gpu started to spark, I told him do not plug it in anymore. After booting without it, his benchmark is horrific.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/17627846

I'm no expert so I thought I should ask here, his old motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H.

Does anyone know why his PC is performing so poorly right now?
Thanks for your help!

Bob Bobson

Proper
Apr 19, 2019
Hi, a friend of mine got a new motherboard, a GIGABYTE GA H81M HD3,
now when he installed every component, his gpu started to spark, I told him do not plug it in anymore. After booting without it, his benchmark is horrific.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/17627846

I'm no expert so I thought I should ask here, his old motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H.

Does anyone know why his PC is performing so poorly right now?
Thanks for your help!

Wow, sparking gpu, haven´t heard that in a while, where did it spark from? I would suggest, same as guys above, fresh windows install, then bios update,. Also userbenchmark didn´t complete, no RAM results, check if he seated his sticks correctly. CPU and RAM aren´t working correctly, he might have also shorted the motherboard when he was building the pc.

Jun 13, 2019
Wow, sparking gpu, haven´t heard that in a while, where did it spark from? I would suggest, same as guys above, fresh windows install, then bios update,. Also userbenchmark didn´t complete, no RAM results, check if he seated his sticks correctly. CPU and RAM aren´t working correctly, he might have also shorted the motherboard when he was building the pc.

Yeah he did install a fresh OS, his CPU was in high 90s constantly, so I told him to clean off the old thermal paste and reapply new one, unfortunately his PC wont even boot now after he did it. And yeah I told him to reseat RAMs, seat them correctly etc. Still nothing. Shorting the motherboard is possible yeah.
About the sparks, well, he told me there was like a quick fire coming from the GPU.. idk really.

TRENDING THREADS