[SOLVED] PC Performing way below expectations (20th percentile)

Jun 27, 2020
Good morning,

I just recently bought and built a PC, and I have a bad feeling I installed something incorrectly, or have a malfunctioning component. According to userbenchmark.com...

Overall this PC is performing way below expectations (20th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 80 performed better. The overall PC percentile is the average of each of its individual components. Use the charts in the benchmark sections of this report to identify problem areas.

Here you can see each component. I would say the most notable is that my AMD Ryzen 7 CPU is performing in the bottom 7 percent. I know I was careful with the installation of the CPU and am not sure what to make of this.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/29937459

Any help diagnosing would be greatly appreciated. Planning to buy a new case today and start from scratch with the same components.

Solution
Your ram probably has multiple XMP (DOCP) profiles.
If you experience stability issues with one profile, then try a different one.

BTW your system doesn't seem to have any Gen 4.0 devices. Currently those are only some ultra fast PCIE 4.0 NVME drives.
Jun 27, 2020
Your 3600mhz DDR4 ram is operating at 2133mhz.
Go into BIOS and enable A-XMP (or DOCP - it's the same thing).

Ryzen CPUs are very sensitive to ram performance. Ram not running at rated speed reduces overall system performance.

Thank you for the response. When I go into the BIOS and enable DOCP, profile #1, I get the following message. “Performance is usually best when Memory Clock:FCLK is 1:1 Synch. Maximum FCLK stability is around 1800MHz. Over-bolting SOC May cause instability on Gen 4.0 Devices.”

I am not really sure what FCLK means - is this a standard disclaimer I should ignore, or cause for concern?

Your ram probably has multiple XMP (DOCP) profiles.
If you experience stability issues with one profile, then try a different one.

BTW your system doesn't seem to have any Gen 4.0 devices. Currently those are only some ultra fast PCIE 4.0 NVME drives.

Solution