[SOLVED] PC performing way below expectations.

Jan 28, 2019
I bought this amazing problematic PC a few days ago.It is performing below expectations just in games, in all the online tests(userbenchmarck,cinebench,furmark) did good.In Fortnite ultra graphics i should have 125 fps and i have 70.Hitman ultra 1080p and 1440p same fps when i should have around 170 fps.In all the games is doing very bad.The thing is that 1080p or 1440p
have the same fps its like they are blocked there or something.The coolers is a beast CPU staying at 45*C and GPU at 40*C.This is definetely not bottleneck.I'm really desperate and I don't know what to do.Please help me.There is one more problem the SSD is the only one doing bad its at 16 th percentile.
SPECS:
CPU:i5 9600k
GPU:GTX 1070 G1
RAM:Corsair Vengence 3000 MHZ Dual channel 16 gb
SSD:Adata x11 gaming pro
HDD:Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2 TB
Motherboard:Z390 M Gaming(intending to switch to a Z390 X GAMING)

Solution
If your GPU is being utilized at a 100%, it means nothing is holding it back. You also said that your pc is doing well in benchmarks, so it sounds like the comparison is faulty. Maybe there are video settings your friends have turned off that you have turned on.

Here's a video of Hitman ultra @ 1080p and 1440p for GTX 1070 and it's between 70 and 90 fps @ 1080p and 60-80fps @ 1440p. Not sure where you got the expectation that you should see 170 fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfyeiy8uLCM
Jan 28, 2019
Friends that have the same PC,youtube videos and userbenchmark.YES it si a clean OS install. Yes the drivers are updated.750 W njoy. I would switch motherboards cause in my country the X is cheaper and has an cooling sistem for the SSD.

ahmadhijazi0

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019
I think it's fairly easy to tell if your fps is blocked by turning on on-screen monitoring like MSI afterburner of gpu and cpu usage while gaming. If GPU is less than 99% loaded then something is telling the gpu that 70 fps is enough. Could be a global v-sync or in-game v-sync.

What monitor do you have? What's the refresh rate? Are you using hdmi, dvi, or display port? I ask because this might be relevant.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I have no idea whether a 750W "Njoy" is up to the task, and that might be part of your problem.
While it appears to be of half-decent quality on spec alone, it wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer outright lied on their website!
No professional reviews exist for the unit.

As for the motherboard, the "X" wouldn't be cheaper, if you already have the other one? :lol:
As for the SSD cooling, generally speaking, they're not necessary.

Jan 28, 2019
I can return my current motherboard for full refund in 14 days after the purchase, so why not buy the X. And for the source i am intending of replacing that aswell because whenever I try to boost up to 5000 mhz the games crash.Thtas not a good source enough.But I dont see how it could affect the fps.Can you please explain? Thanks.

ahmadhijazi0

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019
That monitor is 75Hz, so it could be that your fps is capped to match monitor frequency. There is a v-sync setting in the Nvidia control panel under manage 3D settings then global settings tab. Make sure it is set to "use the 3D application setting" or "off".

No reason to switch motherboard if it will cost you any money.
And a SSD really does not need any cooling.
A m.2 device can heat up a bit under continuous sequential accesses in a benchmark.
On a desktop, that situation would rarely occur.
A virus scan perhaps.
It takes some 30 seconds before you see any throttling.
Not a problem that needs solving.

One problem with benchmarks is that you are competeing with users on highly overclocked systems.

Jan 28, 2019
Hitman is running under 60 fps in some ocassions.This is a truly powerfull PC(in this budget,in my opinion) and i think it should handle better.My pc is OC'd as well,and I saw that the SSD is underperforming by alot.

ahmadhijazi0

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019
Make sure you're using Sata 3 cables and cable is plugged into the Sata 3 port on the mobo but SSD performance shouldn't impact fps. I wouldn't worry about it. I have MFAA off but I don't think that would limit fps either.

Do you have a way of checking gpu and cpu usage while running the game? I am curious what they are and they could allude to the root cause.

ahmadhijazi0

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019
If your GPU is being utilized at a 100%, it means nothing is holding it back. You also said that your pc is doing well in benchmarks, so it sounds like the comparison is faulty. Maybe there are video settings your friends have turned off that you have turned on.

Here's a video of Hitman ultra @ 1080p and 1440p for GTX 1070 and it's between 70 and 90 fps @ 1080p and 60-80fps @ 1440p. Not sure where you got the expectation that you should see 170 fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfyeiy8uLCM

Solution
Jan 28, 2019
Thats Hitman 2 and he still gets higher fps than me and I have a better proccesor.The comparison may be right.There has been another problem.When I overclock above 4.9 ghz the games just crash, and when I overclock the gpu same thing.May be cause I put the voltage at auto and I should have put it at 1.45v?

ahmadhijazi0

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019
Your gpu and the one in the video are maxed at 99%, so no matter how much better of a processor you have, the bottleneck is the gpu. Before adding the variable of overclocking, I would get everything back to default clocks and then compare fps. That way you can tell if the overclocking is what's causing the instability.