[SOLVED] PC Performing way below expectations.

COBRAD

Prominent
Apr 11, 2021
Hey, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day/night
So I benchmarked and here's my results : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/41948229
And it says almost everything is running 'below expectations'
I checked the GPU, and CPU temperatures while playing and i don't seem to have an issue there.
My idle CPU usage with some light things running is ~7% - ~11%.
So nothing seems wrong, but,
I almost get the same framerate with any settings in games, so that's weird.
Not to mention i get less framerates than other youtube benchmarks i look for, (I only look for videos with the same RAM, GPU, CPU.)
And I'm kinda confused since i don't know what the problem is.

Specs:
CPU: I5-10400F
GPU: GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8GB
SSD: Lexar 250GB M.2
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
RAM: Crucial BL16G30C15U4W.M16FE1 1x16GB (Crucial Ballistix Gaming Ram)
MB: Colorful BATTLE-AX B460M-D
PSU: GAMEMAX VP-800 (NON-RGB)

Solution
You are only using 1 stick of RAM. This means you aren't taking advantage of dual-channel. You need to install two of the exact same sticks (from the same kit) in the proper RAM slots (usually the 2nd and 4th from the CPU but check your manual to be sure).
Game for 30 mins with HWiNFO64 running in the background (sensors only, logging on) and upload the file somewhere we can grab it and have a look.
You are only using 1 stick of RAM. This means you aren't taking advantage of dual-channel. You need to install two of the exact same sticks (from the same kit) in the proper RAM slots (usually the 2nd and 4th from the CPU but check your manual to be sure).
Game for 30 mins with HWiNFO64 running in the background (sensors only, logging on) and upload the file somewhere we can grab it and have a look.

Reactions: alexbirdie
Solution
How many items do you have to your start menu , you could save some resoures by turning off things at start up that you dont need , the only entry i have in my start up is the reltek sound card , dont panic , my kaspersky boots itself up without it does not even have an entry in the menu.

Disabling everything at start up you dont want running will save you something

COBRAD

Prominent
Apr 11, 2021
Thank you for the reply, and sorry for the late reply, about the RAM, that's right, I'm only using one stick of ram, however, I'm afraid that I can't use dual-channel since my motherboard only has 2 ram slots instead of 4.
I think I need to change my motherboard and get another ram stick in order to take advantage of dual-channel.
Here's the HWiNFO64 log file for 45Mins : Here. (Was playing modern warfare 2019 in low settings.)

COBRAD

Prominent
Apr 11, 2021
How many items do you have to your start menu , you could save some resoures by turning off things at start up that you dont need , the only entry i have in my start up is the reltek sound card , dont panic , my kaspersky boots itself up without it does not even have an entry in the menu.

Disabling everything at start up you dont want running will save you something
I have only 3 programs at startup, but thanks for the suggestion! :)

InvalidError

Titan
I'm afraid that I can't use dual-channel since my motherboard only has 2 ram slots instead of 4.
I don't know for Chinese brands but as far as retail motherboards for the rest of the world are concerned, motherboards with only two DIMMs are practically always wired one DIMM per channel to the point that the idea of single-channel boards probably didn't cross anybody's mind here until now.

Single channel boards are almost exclusively in the realm of proprietary pre-built stuff.

COBRAD

Prominent
Apr 11, 2021
I don't know for Chinese brands but as far as retail motherboards for the rest of the world are concerned, motherboards with only two DIMMs are practically always wired one DIMM per channel to the point that the idea of single-channel boards probably didn't cross anybody's mind here until now.

Single channel boards are almost exclusively in the realm of proprietary pre-built stuff.
Thanks for the info, didn't have any idea about any of this, thanks for the clarification! :)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Channel is a motherboard term. In a 4 slot configuration, you'd use A2+B2 for dual channel, which is #2+#4 slots. With 4 sticks, you'd use A1+A2+B1+B2, which is #1-4 for dual channel x2 = dual channel. In a 2 slot configuration, you'd use A+B, which is both slots for dual channel.

But this requires 1 stick per channel.

Also I believe your ram is 3000MHz and it's running at 2666MHz. You should be able to enable XMP for that ram in bios, but I'd manually set the ram speed for 2933MHz instead as I don't believe that motherboard has the supporting multipliers for 3000MHz, only 133Hz derivitives, not 100Hz derivitives.