[SOLVED] PC Peripherals and Corsair fans randomly lose power for a split second

Ayouhana

Honorable
Oct 9, 2015
Fellow PC enthusiast,

I hope you are all safe and healthy. Wanted to pose something to y'all. Every couple of days the peripherals attached to my PC randomly lose power for a split second then come back on. In addition, all the rgb on my corsair products resets then re-communicates.

I'm wondering if this s something you folks have seen? My initial guess might be the PSU but at 1000w that should be way more than though. Other possible issues could be I didn't insert the usb header correctly or it may be a software issue and I should download new chipset drivers.

Any comments or directions would be greatly appreciated.

Specs

PSU: RMX 1000w
GPU: 3070
CPU: i7=11700k
Ram: Vengeance 16gbs
Storage: 2tb ssd samsung 890 and 500 gb nvme m.2 samsung

PC is barely a month old.

Solution
My first thought is a loose connection.

No one wants to force a connection on a new build so what seems tight and connected may not be.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

[Normally at this point I suggest cleaning out dust and debris. Hopefully with a system barely a month old all is clean and the suggestion moot.]

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

You may need to connect and disconnect, plug and unplug, as applicable a few times to loosen things up and then be able to gently rock and wiggle all connections and seatings fully into place.

Use a bright flashlight to look around inside the case for any bits and pieces that could be moving about and causing...

Ralston18

Titan
My first thought is a loose connection.

No one wants to force a connection on a new build so what seems tight and connected may not be.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

[Normally at this point I suggest cleaning out dust and debris. Hopefully with a system barely a month old all is clean and the suggestion moot.]

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

You may need to connect and disconnect, plug and unplug, as applicable a few times to loosen things up and then be able to gently rock and wiggle all connections and seatings fully into place.

Use a bright flashlight to look around inside the case for any bits and pieces that could be moving about and causing problems. Especially if metal.

Check for debris in slots, check wires going into connectors, check for wires kinked, pinched, or showing bare conductor. Especially where contact with case metal or other conductors is possible.

Solution