Question PC peripherals and fans lose power for a second then come back on ?

Ayouhana

Honorable
Oct 9, 2015
Fellow PC Enthusiasts,

Hope you are all enjoying the holiday season.

im running into this issue I hope you all can assist. Probably once a day, all my peripherals on my PC will lose power for a split second then come back online. My keyboard, headset, mousepad etc, even 3 of my corsair fans lose their RGB.

I opened up my computer and did some inspecting and I checked some of the connections and they appear to be solid. I will say my cabling is pretty bad so maybe thats a cause.

Then afterI opened my case my main display and only my main display has started to flicker ever so slightly

I checked the voltage lines in Icue and they all seem within the 5% error.

Specs:

MSI Z590 PRO WIFI LGA 1200 Intel Z590 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard
i7 11700k
Rtx 3070
Corsair Vengance 16 GB DDR4
10 Corsair QL120's
Corsair 1000w PSU
Samsung 500GB NVME/2TB SSD
Corsair Hi150 360mm AIO

Couple things I'm thinking
  1. PSU is dying (again, this happened before and replaced my PSU and everything seemed fine)
  2. Cables are loose
  3. too many peripherals drawing power.
any help or direction would be much much appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"Probably once a day, all my peripherals on my PC will lose power for a split second then come back online"

Does that power loss occur about the same time every day?

In any case, look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond to the time(s) of the the power losses.

Start with Reliability History. Easier to understand and the time line format may reveal some pattern that can be further investigated.

How old is that Corsair PSU? Was the PSU new when first installed or perhaps refurbished or used?

History of heavy gaming use?

= = = =

Case: make and model?

How are all of the fans (ten in number - correct?) positioned within the case?

Wondering about the actual air flows: intakes, exhaust ?

Are you able to take a couple of photographs and post the photographs here via imgur (www.imgur.com)?

Ayouhana

Honorable
Oct 9, 2015
Hi Ralston18,

Many many thanks for your reply.

1. "Does it occur at the same time everyday": Honestly, I can't remember, it seems to be sporadic in terms of the actual time it occurs.

2. "In any case, look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond to the time(s) of the the power losses. Start with Reliability History. Easier to understand and the time line format may reveal some pattern that can be further investigated. ": This is what I discovered
  1. In Event viewer: there is an Event ID that popped up twice for the last two days: "Event ID 41-Kernel POWer", twice the last two days. This popped up under the Critical Event Type
  2. Under Reliability Monitor, Critical Events, one consistently pops up: Hardware error, that has popped up at least 8 times over the last 2 weeks.

3. "How old is corsair PSU": barely 3-4 months old, bought it brand new from crosair

4. History of heavy gaming?: Yep big time gamer thats what I mostly use my pc for

5. Sorry fan count was wrong its 9, 6 intake, 3 positioned on bottom and 3 on radiator and 3 exhaust on top. Case is lian li 011 xl

View: https://imgur.com/a/L5Y1Tyt