Question PC plugged in fully, rgb comes up, clicking noise when power button pressed, and no boot ?

Dec 30, 2021
Hi, I have my pc fully wired and when I turn on my psu, the RGB lights on the mobo even come on, but pressing the power button gets me a single 'click'. Tested with 2 PSUs, 1 brand new and one older. Tested different ram configurations. Both 1 stick and in a different channel. Checked my CPU, repeated my fans, rewired all of the fans as well. Still no fix.

Help?

CPU Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU MSI RTX 2070
MOBO ASUS TUF Gaming B570+
CASE Phanteks Enthoo Pro
RAM 32 Gb G-skill DDR4.

Dec 30, 2021
Could be something as simple as not working power button on case. Checked that? Also disconnect all drives and case fans, rgb devices etc. You have to test with bare minimum (CPU/GPU/RAM and CPU cooler).
So, dc'd everything, same issue. Replace both my mobo and psu, same issue. Nothing even starts, the mobo lights just come on. GPU doesn't even flash any lights or start the fans.

Edit: by mobo lights I mean the inbuilt rgb lights, no status indicators. It can't be BIOS mismatch because it doesn't even start the computer.

So, you tried 2 mobos and 2 PSUs so far. Fans don't start, debug LEDs don't light. And start button causes single 'click' sound. Could it be that it comes form PSU? That could indicate a short somewhere. Either one of the remaining components or case. Rebuild the system outside of case. If that won't change anything start removing components, beginning with GPU, then RAM. The goal is to get the board to light up the debug LEDs, not to post.