Pc Post half the time

xbombus

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
Like the title says my pc will only post about half the time I try to turn it on. I think it's either ram or the motherboard but I'm not sure. Looking for some help.

Pc
Sabertooth 990fx mb
amd fx 8350 processor 4.0ghz
geforce 1070 gpu
8bg of unkown ram
3 case fans 2x200mm 1x140mm
corsair rm 750xpsu gold
samsung evo 850 1tb ssd
windows 10

Solution
Please do a CMOS reset to clear BIOS settings errors.

How to do a CMOS reset, universal technique:
1) Turn the machine off and unplug it.
2) Press and hold the power button for three seconds to drain any remaining power.
3) Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard.
4) Go do something else for five minutes. Get a snack, check your Facebook, do whatever.
5) After at least five minutes have passed, put the CMOS battery back into the motherboard.
6) Plug the machine in, boot into BIOS setup, set the date and time, restore any settings that may be necessary to the OS to operate (like SATA mode), save your changes and boot normally.
Please do a CMOS reset to clear BIOS settings errors.

How to do a CMOS reset, universal technique:
1) Turn the machine off and unplug it.
2) Press and hold the power button for three seconds to drain any remaining power.
3) Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard.
4) Go do something else for five minutes. Get a snack, check your Facebook, do whatever.
5) After at least five minutes have passed, put the CMOS battery back into the motherboard.
6) Plug the machine in, boot into BIOS setup, set the date and time, restore any settings that may be necessary to the OS to operate (like SATA mode), save your changes and boot normally.

Solution
I'm really not all that kind, and I don't think gingers have souls, so I'm not a kind soul. Kidding xD

Just keep an eye on it and see if it crashes again. Since doing this appears to have helped, my next step (assuming the problem happens again) would be to update BIOS to the latest version. If you already have the latest version, just flash over it again.

If the problem does not show up again, I wouldn't say that you need to update your BIOS.