[SOLVED] PC post problems after circuit breaker trip

aeonikz

Reputable
Aug 1, 2017
The computer was off when the circuit breaker trip. Unfortunately it was not plugged into a surge protector (dumb I know). When the PC attempts to boot up, I get error beeps from the MOBO. After about 4 tries, it is able to boot into windows. However, once inside, I get notifications saying there is not enough power for USB devices, and so my keyboard and mouse don't work. So obviously something broke. Is it most likely my power supply? Or the motherboard? I was surprised my computer was damaged, albeit being off at the time, but I also don't know much about electricity and hardware components.

mobo: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming Rev 1
cpu: Ryzen 5 1600x
gpu: Nvidia GTX 1080
psu: EVGA 650 G3
ram: G.Skill TridentZ 16GB DDR4 CAS14

aeonikz

Reputable
Aug 1, 2017
Thanks for the reply. So since then, I've taken my CMOS battery out for 10 minutes and popped it back in and surprisingly it posts normally. However I just have a sinking feeling some sort of damage has been done. Or is something like that normal? Like in the occurrence of a power outage, the MOBO doesn't send out enough power? I guess I will try to push the computer a bit, like stress testing the cpu and making sure all my fans run at 100%.