[SOLVED] Pc posts but wont recognize GPU

Jan 23, 2020
My pc will post and work fine with onboard graphics but when I try using the GPU the GPU fans turn on 100% but display nothing and the LEDs on the GPU dont come on either.

I've tested the GPU in another PC and it works flawless. Ive also tried different PSU and same issue. (Current PSU works in a different pc aswell)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- RawK

CPU: i9 9900k
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 ti
Mobo: Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme (Z390)
Ram: 16 GB DDR4 2666
PSU: Evga 80+ 850w

Solution
That's about the only thing I havent tried, I've tested the gpu in another system and it worked flawlessly.

You should def try another GPU. If that doesn't work you have a bad board.

If the GPU power connectors are plugged correctly and the GPU is properly seated in the slot you try and not even the LED are lighting up that's the board. I would have said the PSU but you said you tested another PSU.
Jan 23, 2020
And you say that GPU works perfectly in another system? You tried another PSU in your system and it doesn't work either. That's weird. I'd say broken PCIE slots. Have you tried another GPU in your system to see if the slots work?

That's about the only thing I havent tried, I've tested the gpu in another system and it worked flawlessly.

If the GPU power connectors are plugged correctly and the GPU is properly seated in the slot you try and not even the LED are lighting up that's the board. I would have said the PSU but you said you tested another PSU.

Solution
Jan 23, 2020

I'm going to go with the mobo being shot, it's a shame too because my msi mobo is going in for RMA rn too. Such luck I have..