Question PC posts with GTX 1050 but not with GTX 1060

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
With the 1050 working in your system it's nothing to do with drivers (if it was drivers you would see it POST) or BIOS (if it was BIOS the 1050 wouldn't work). Your motherboards are also not detecting any faults so it's some sort of video output problem.

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
i have recorded video of my 1060 working in friends pc and but not working in my pc.
this is not some juvenile post i made out of freak out since my new system isnt working.

Ive made sure every single cable is in its place like 10 times. but just for formality sake ill post videos in some time, with my 1060 working in my current system (i3-7100) and my friends (i5-6500), his 1050 working in mine.

only likely thing im thinking of maybe some bios thing? driver? ive unistalled my i3-7100 iGpu drivers just so it wont interfere with 1060 with new system (i3-10105f).
Because nature of this problem and how weird it is, im trying to stop at and assume nothing. No one is perfect. Given that your system is modern there should not be any compatibility issues whatsoever. Being personally absent is the hardest part helping on a forum, can't physically check things, so all we're left with is imagination.

wtfthejoker

Honorable
Dec 4, 2017
yeah but what exactly?
1. processor is replaced fully
2. bought brand new motherboard 2x( had same issue with msi 510M so bought 560M, same)
3. got new power supply just yesterday.
4. same gpu work in my current system
5.same gpu works in friends system
6. friends gpu works in my system

there is absoluetly nothing left for me to do. this is incredibly frustrating.

wtfthejoker

Honorable
Dec 4, 2017
Because nature of this problem and how weird it is, im trying to stop at and assume nothing. No one is perfect. Given that your system is modern there should not be any compatibility issues whatsoever. Being personally absent is the hardest part helping on a forum, can't physically check things, so all we're left with is imagination.
its almost like cursed like as i ordered this PSU from Amazon, it got cancelled on the delivery day 2 times. this is 3rd order i had placed which finally delivered.

yeah but what exactly?
1. processor is replaced fully
2. bought brand new motherboard 2x( had same issue with msi 510M so bought 560M, same)
3. got new power supply just yesterday.
4. same gpu work in my current system
5.same gpu works in friends system
6. friends gpu works in my system

there is absoluetly nothing left for me to do. this is incredibly frustrating.
Which video output are you using on the card? Do you have more than one screen connected? Have you tried any different output ports on the card?

Honestly I don't see how it'd make any difference just switching between platforms, but you really have checked pretty much everything.