[SOLVED] PC power button lit up, but PC won’t start

Jan 11, 2021
Hey! So, this is my first build I am ever doing, but previously I had a prebuilt before and I pulled my motherboard, CPU and ram out of it to use. Now I’m not an expert with building PCS, but I did follow along with some guides and I think everything is plugged in where it needs to be in my new PC. However, I am lost on where to connect the peripheral cable onto the motherboard, I’m also not sure if it’s needed or not. Also, I am missing a CPU cooler, but I have one coming in tomorrow. I am not sure if that can be causing the issue of my PC not turning on, but I just wanna add that info just in case. If anyone can help me pinpoint my issue, I would really appreciate it! I’ll also attach a photo of how my PC looks currently if it’s any help. Thank you in advance :)

Parts I am using:
Case - NZXT H510
Motherboard - MSI z270 pc mate
CPU - i7-7700K 4.2 GHz
GPU - RTX 3070 FE
Ram - XPG 16gb
PSU - Corsair CX650M
CPU Cooler I’m still waiting on - Cooler Master Masterliquid

Solution
Just figured out my problem! :D it was my front panel connectors all along. They were meant to be plugged in in such a specific way, but some video helped me figure it out. If anyone’s having the same issue as I am, you might wanna check if your front panels are connected correctly!
Jan 11, 2021
Possible it has a safety feature that prevents it from booting without a cooler fan connected. Make sure you connect monitor to 3070.
Gotcha, well hopefully that’s the case because other than that I have no idea what can be the problem :\ I’ll be sure to give an update once I have it installed :) thanks again for the help!

Jan 11, 2021
Possible it has a safety feature that prevents it from booting without a cooler fan connected. Make sure you connect monitor to 3070.
Hey! So update on what’s going on, I connected the CPU cooler and I plugged in my PC including the monitor being connected as well. Still no luck on powering on though unfortunately. The power button on the NZXT case does light up however, it’s just not booting up the PC. Would you have any idea what else may be an issue? Thanks :)

Jan 11, 2021
Just figured out my problem! :D it was my front panel connectors all along. They were meant to be plugged in in such a specific way, but some video helped me figure it out. If anyone’s having the same issue as I am, you might wanna check if your front panels are connected correctly!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS