[SOLVED] PC power cycles under load ?

May 26, 2021
Hi all. My current rig has been giving me a headache for the better part of two years now. Many parts have changed yet I’m left with the same power cycling issue.

What Happens?
Whilst playing games (big ones that cause this issue: Steam VR, MW 2019, MFS 2020) my pc will power cycle. I.e. the system will just completely reset, as if someone hit the reset switch on the front panel. The screen will go black and the bios splash screen pops up. It’s very inconsistent, but inevitable it seems.

What Have I Tried?
I’ve swapped numerous parts to try and remedy this issue. Since the power cycling issue started, I’ve swapped the PSU, CPU, GPU and I’ve RMA’d the motherboard. I also completely wiped drives and reinstalled Windows 10. I’ve even tried connecting the thing to different outlets around the house.

Parts List:
Corsair RM 750x
RTX 3060ti
i7-9700k
Corsair Vengeance (8x2) 16gbs@3000mhz
2 WD Blues
Crucial P1 500gb
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus

What Next?
God knows. I’m at such a loss at where to troubleshoot this next. I can’t seem to find anything close to a lead in event viewer (maybe I’m looking in the wrong place). I keep swapping parts but this issue persists, I’m baffled really. The things I have yet to swap are the motherboard, ram, and the drives. But could they cause a power cycle like this? Could any one of my peripherals be doing this? I.e. mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc.? This post is a sign of desperation, I just hope something comes of it. I’ve put so much time and effort into fixing this thing. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Solution
the only way to know for sure is to isolate the individual components and test them, it is sometimes not easy to do. even then you may not find the answer you are looking for. you seem to have done that already though, what pops out to me is possibly faulty case wiring or even trying a different electrical outlet or powerstrip
the only way to know for sure is to isolate the individual components and test them, it is sometimes not easy to do. even then you may not find the answer you are looking for. you seem to have done that already though, what pops out to me is possibly faulty case wiring or even trying a different electrical outlet or powerstrip

Solution