Hivemaster116

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
I am kind of new to PC and I built a hard line water cooling loop that is really clean. The only issue was that I forgot an oring to the GPU and leaked water right over the psu and GPU 2 times looking for where a small leak was. I found the leak and used silicone because it still leaked with an oring. My psu had died from the leak so I bought a new one and it worked great for four hours with my loop not leaking anytime at full speed. I probably shut it off a dozen times and every time it didn't have any problem turning back on. Then randomly when I went to turn it back on it wouldn't want to turn on so I cleared the Cmos and played around with the psu and wires. It turned on for a minute and turned off for a few minutes until it turned back off. I unplugged all the wires and it flickered on and off rebooting then as I would add all the wires it would fully turn off. I returned the psu because it seems like that would be the only cause yet in bios it showed everything running to spec. I also ask, do I need any 4 pin fan cables connected to my CPU fan header if my unit is water cooled?

My units electronics include:
Ryzen 2600x
Gigabyte aorous x470 wifi
Gigabyte aorous xtreme waterforce rtx 2080
Thermaltake toughpower grand 750 w
Ekwb waterblock
Ekwb d5 pump
Samsung 970 evo 500gb nvme
Samsung 950 evo 500gb
2tb Seagate firecuda
6 Thermaltake riing trio fans which I will be replacing with corsair LL series because the 9 pin headers and maximum of 5 fans per controller is a mess.

TRENDING THREADS