Question PC power on; but won't boot at my place (home). But in other places it's working fine

Jul 10, 2019
I have ryzen 3 2200g cpu with onboard vega 8 vga. It worked fine till yesterday. As usual I turned it on; pc starts, but didn't boot. Today I took it to the shop I bought from because it's under warranty period. But it starts normally without any issues. Then I brought it to home and turned on. Again it stars but won't boot. I'm so confused why its not work in my place. Please help me

Yeah. But I get power to the pc by UPS.

What kind of UPS? Online or Line Interactive?

99% of consumer grade UPSs are line interactive. Meaning that you're still on the mains power until there is a complete loss of power. Only then are you switched to battery.

UPS's also don't replace lack of ground.

If the UPS has an AVR, it can buck and boost for unstable mains voltage. But depending on the quality of the UPS, it may not buck until voltage is out of range of the PSU's capability.

If you want help, why do you not provide any details?

Reactions: Sachin_94
Jul 10, 2019
400W is neither a make nor model of PSU.

What is your PSU?

Also, the main is Sri Lanka is supposed to be 230V. How stable is your mains power? Does it ever drop in voltage? Are your outlets grounded properly?
RAIDMAX RX-400XT 80 PLUS STANDARD POWER SUPPLY

Yes 230v

How yo direct whether it's stable or not 😕
Yep. Grounded

Jul 10, 2019

99% of consumer grade UPSs are line interactive. Meaning that you're still on the mains power until there is a complete loss of power. Only then are you switched to battery.

If the UPS has an AVR, it can buck and boost for unstable mains voltage. But depending on the quality of the UPS, it may not buck until voltage is out of range of the PSU's capability.

PROLINK UPS PRO701SFC

This is what I bought
http://www.nanotek.lk/product/138

Jul 10, 2019

I tried UPS connect to main plug and without connecting(on battery). But both ways failed.

I tried UPS connect to main plug and without connecting(on battery). But both ways failed.

Good. That was my next question.

And you've tried different outlets in the house?

I will say about that particular PSU: It's very not good. In fact, it's probably the cheapest PSU you can (no longer) buy (it's topology is now illegal in the U.S. and Europe because its topology is so inefficient). It doesn't have power factor correction at all, never mind any tolerance to poor mains.

I noticed you put "80 PLUS STANDARD" when you listed your power supply? Where did you get that from? I've never seen an RX-400XT that was 80 PLUS anything. It's technically impossible for that PSU to be 80 PLUS anything and it's not even on 80 PLUS's website. If you copied that off a retailer's website that is claiming it has 80 PLUS, then that is FALSE ADVERTISING.

Would you consider just replacing the PSU with one that's not so known to be problematic?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sachin_94
Jul 10, 2019
Good. That was my next question.

And you've tried different outlets in the house?

I will say about that particular PSU: It's very not good. In fact, it's probably the cheapest PSU you can (no longer) buy (it's topology is now illegal in the U.S. and Europe because its topology is so inefficient). It doesn't have power factor correction at all, never mind an intolerance to poor mains.

I noticed you put "80 PLUS STANDARD" when you listed your power supply? Where did you get that from? I've never seen an RX-400XT that was 80 PLUS anything. It's technically impossible for that PSU to be 80 PLUS anything and it's not even on 80 PLUS's website. If you copied that off a retailer's website that is claiming it has 80 PLUS, then that is FALSE ADVERTISING.

Would you consider just replacing the PSU with one that's not so known to be problematic?
Yeah I built a budget pc with cheap items. I don't even know until you tell those stuff. I just bought.
But I took the pc to neighborhood and check. But the same issue. Then yesterday I hit hard the casing and it worked normal. I guess it's assembly issue. Because this pc assembled by my self

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Have you used risers on all screw holes of the motherboard to separate/distance it from case tray? Did the case came with them pre-installed? Like the metal ones here:

b2564e13c512abbe8bc565c14d3b568a3bb0c9a7_large.jpg

Try reseating all power connectors from PSU to motherboard.