Question PC Power Switch not working and doesn’t boot up

Jan 29, 2021
I am building a PC with Asus B450 F gaming motherboard. All the components are connected but the power switch on the case doesn’t work. Then I turned the PC on by bridging the connectors using a small screwdriver. All the fans turn on and it seems to be working but the monitor will not display anything. Anyone have any ideas as to why the power switch doesn’t work and why the computer won’t boot up?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Case? PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Power switch could simply be bad.

What specific connectors did you bridge to turn on the PC?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Double check that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are indeed fully and firmly in place.

Jan 29, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Case? PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Power switch could simply be bad.

What specific connectors did you bridge to turn on the PC?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Double check that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are indeed fully and firmly in place.
Case: Fractal Design Focus G
PSU : Corsair TX 550M
It’s brand new just got it yesterday and I bridged the connectors where the power switch is supposed to go that’s how I got it to turn on in the first place. And I double checked every cable even unplugged everything and reconnected

Jan 29, 2021
Update: The PC turns on and works perfectly fine. I put the two RAM sticks in different slots and it works. However, the power switch still doesn’t work so maybe my computer case just has a defective switch?