PC Power Up Issue on new build.

Dec 19, 2018
Hey everyone, I just completed a new build using the ASRock z370 Motherboard inside a Phantex Eclipse P400 and when I plug in the PSU there are blinking blue LEDs on the motherboard but when I go to hit the power button, nothing. No fans, no sound, no lights (other than the blinking LEDs)

I've double and triple checked the connectors and they all seem to be in the correct place according to the manual including the 12v sata connector. I'm just at a loss.

Some other things I've done listed below.

• Removed Ram completey
    rearranged the RAM
    Double checked RAM to assure it was secured
    unplugged all fans one by one to make sure there was no short
    Checked the connectors multiple times referencing the user manual and online guides and all seem to be secured and in the correct place.
    PSU works as I just took it from an old build that was working not 30 mins before I switched it over.
    took out GPU and tested, still nothing.
Also for reference here are my specs:

• MB: ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151
    CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz
    RAM: Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB 16GB
    PSU: Rosewill RD700 – Stallion Series 700-Watt Power Supply
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
    COOLER: Corsair Hydro Series, H60 2018
    CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P400
    SSD: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3D NAND

And a video (not my video) of what I'm seeing when I plug in the PSU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lirto8P9MJs&feature=youtu.be

Dec 19, 2018

Yes the front power buttons are correctly connected. I've checked them multiple times in hopes that I was having myself a derpy moment but yes they're in the correct spots.

I'll definitely try and self power the case when I get home and if that doesn't do the trick I'll have to take it all out and find a possible short I guess. I'll report back if it's still acting up.

Dec 19, 2018
So Ive removed the motherboard from the case, removed the ssd, removed gpu. All that's connected is the watercooler, 1 stick of ram and the power cables running to the motherboard. It still does the same thing, flashing blue LED lights and no power when I try to power it up.

Dec 19, 2018
Also in the picture the 8 pin isnt plugged in but that's because I just had unplugged it for a moment before I took the pictures. That's been plugged in as well.

A motherboard will not power on if there is no cooler installed.
That is normally detected by sensing a fan running in the cpu-fan header.
I can not see if this is so for you.
Since you have a liquid cooler, there are two things involved; the pump and the radiator.
See that both are plugged into the cpu-fan and cpu-fan opt headers.

Dec 19, 2018
Ok so I just tested my power supply with a Bobby pin (didn't have a paper clip) and it didn't power up. So this may be the issue unless a Bobby pin isn't a sufficient way to test.

If the PSU did die I'm just confused how it could go from working fine in my older build to suddenly dying the moment I put it in a new build.

TRENDING THREADS