Question PC Powering Issues

rAfOOL

Honorable
Feb 24, 2014
Hello,

My PC will start with lights and fans running, but then a few seconds later will power off. You cannot turn it back on immediately having to wait a few minutes.

I built this computer a month ago with new and used parts. It’s a gaming/streaming PC. I have not had any overheating issues or any issues until this one last night

I’ve removed/unplugged components off the motherboard to see if it will start with just the bare minimum. After removing the video card, RAM, and memory drive, the PC will start up and stay on closer to a minute but will power down. I was able to power it up with everything plugged in internally and externally. It posted showing windows log in screen but without fail turned off.

Is this a power issue where the PSU has to charge to turn on but can’t keep a charge? Or is this an overheating issue where the PC has to cool down before it can be turned on? The latter leading to a possible overheating of the CPU.

Please help.

Specs
CPU: i7-4770k (used)
CPU Fan: Thermaltake UX100 (new)
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 (used)
MOBO: MSI B85M-E45 (bought refurbished)
RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix 4gb (used)
PSU: EVGA 500w 80 plus (new)
SSD: Inland Professional 480gb (new)

rAfOOL

Honorable
Feb 24, 2014
So I tried putting my other PSU from my main gaming PC and the same issue still occurred. Everything is removed from the MOBO even the CPU. Do PSUs shut down if there isn't enough energy being used off the MOBO? I don't think it's a PSU issue since I tested it with a different one and the problem still persists.

Maybe it has something to do with the board being refurbished. There's nothing else plugged into the MOBO except a case fan. Why is it still turning off with a new PSU?