[SOLVED] PC powering on but no hdmi connection

Nov 27, 2020
New PC build turns on but HDMI will not connect.
I built a new pc yesterday but ran into an issue. The PC powers on and all the fans move and the RGB on the GPU turns on but I do not get a connection with the HDMI cable.
I checked the HDMI cable and the monitor and they work. I tried moving the ram sticks around(including only using one). I tried removing smos battery. None of it worked. What is really confusing me is that the PC turns on and the fans spin but I do not get a HDMI connection which makes me think its not a power supply issue. Also, when I plug in my mouse and keyboard they light up.
If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. I had a microcenter employee help pick out parts so they should be compatible.
Specs
Evga 3080 Ultra gaming graphics card
AMD 5600x
Wraith cooler that comes with 5600x
gigabyte b550 gaming x
nzxt h510 gaming case
Seasonic focus gx 750
V-Nand SSD 970 EVO
crucial 32 gb 16 x 2 d4 3200

Last edited:
Solution
Are you plugging monitor into the 3080?

Edit: you will need the correct BIOS in order to boot with that CPU. Luckily your motherboard supports Q-Flash and you can flash without a working CPU. Read the manual and see how to do it.
New PC build turns on but HDMI will not connect.
I built a new pc yesterday but ran into an issue. The PC powers on and all the fans move and the RGB on the GPU turns on but I do not get a connection with the HDMI cable.
I checked the HDMI cable and the monitor and they work. I tried moving the ram sticks around(including only using one). I tried removing smos battery. None of it worked. What is really confusing me is that the PC turns on and the fans spin but I do not get a HDMI connection which makes me think its not a power supply issue. Also, when I plug in my mouse and keyboard they light up.
If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. I had a microcenter employee help pick out parts so they should be compatible.
Specs
Evga 3080 Ultra gaming graphics card
AMD 5600x
Wraith cooler that comes with 5600x
gigabyte b550 gaming x
nzxt h510 gaming case
Seasonic focus gx 750
V-Nand SSD 970 EVO
Is your HDMI cable plugged into the lowest HDMI ports, the one for your graphics card?

Nov 27, 2020
Are you plugging monitor into the 3080?

Edit: you will need the correct BIOS in order to boot with that CPU. Luckily your motherboard supports Q-Flash and you can flash without a working CPU. Read the manual and see how to do it.
I resolved the issue earlier today. My motherboard needed a bios update because I had a newer CPU.