[SOLVED] Pc powers on after holding power button for 3seconds or more and sometimes it doesnt

Feb 13, 2023
Im a new pc builder, tried to first build my first pc back in january. At first it works properly with no issues but after a few weeks it starts having problem when Im trying to power it on.

It takes 2-3 seconds holding the power button in order for it to boot up but sometimes it takes longer and worst case it doesnt. What I do is I power off the UPS and unplug the power cable, waits a few seconds do it again. Sometimes it works and sometimes it dont. Im just worrying if it keeps happening It might fail to bootup totally.

My pc
Ryzen 7 5700g
16gb 2666mhz
gigabyte b450mk
6gb zotac rtx 2070 super mini
silversoul 135 cooler
seasonic gx750w
inplay wind01

also my powersupply is from a friend he used it for over a year or so. i dont know if its the psu since its working fine the first time I used it.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Relocate to another wall outlet and see if the issue persists. You might also want to verify that you're not suffering from a grounding issue.

i dont know if its the psu
Source another PSU that's reliably built and doesn't have a question mark on it(meaning it was abused) to rule out your system suffering from a bad PSU. You should also breadboard the system to rule out a mishap with your build, that is, you are having a short in the case due to a standoff placed in the wrong location under the motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan

Relocate to another wall outlet and see if the issue persists. You might also want to verify that you're not suffering from a grounding issue.

Source another PSU that's reliably built and doesn't have a question mark on it(meaning it was abused) to rule out your system suffering from a bad PSU. You should also breadboard the system to rule out a mishap with your build, that is, you are having a short in the case due to a standoff placed in the wrong location under the motherboard.

Reactions: elitening
Solution
Feb 13, 2023

I think it was a grounding issue. Thank you for the suggestion!