Question PC powers on but fans stop after one second and no display

Apr 23, 2019
Hello,

Was not sure where to post this since I am new to building a PC, as this is my first build, and I figured that I would run into some issues. My PC starts and all the LEDs work on my RAM, Graphics Card, AIO Cooler, ect but my fans turn on for about one second then stop. Also I plugged it into my monitor and nothing comes up. Thought it might be caused by my RAM not plugged all the way in because it wasn't so I pushed it in all the way, same with my graphics card and then restarted the PC but same issue. All the lights work but the fans stop after a second and nothing comes on the display. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I have been searching forums and YouTube for the last two days.

Build:
NZXT Z370 Mobo (comes with 2 case fans)
Intel i7-8700k Processor
Captain 240ex RGB AIO
Gigabyte 1080ti Graphics Card
Corsair RM750x PSU
Corsair White LED LM fan
Samsung 860 SSD

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Does the following link match your motherboard?

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/nzxt_z370_n7_motherboard_review/1

Do you have the User Guide/Manual?

My thought is that the CPU is overheating.

Did you apply thermal paste per the manufacturer's instructions?

Double check the lit LED's and see what they are truly indicating. Any "beep codes" from the motherboard?

Will the computer start if you remove the GPU and just use the motherboard's integrated GPU?

Apr 23, 2019
Does the following link match your motherboard?

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/nzxt_z370_n7_motherboard_review/1

Do you have the User Guide/Manual?

My thought is that the CPU is overheating.

Did you apply thermal paste per the manufacturer's instructions?

Double check the lit LED's and see what they are truly indicating. Any "beep codes" from the motherboard?

Will the computer start if you remove the GPU and just use the motherboard's integrated GPU?
I can almost memorize the manual that's how many times I've read it through trying to figure this out 😂. The cooler came with thermal paste preapplied so no I did not apply thermal paste. I am at work right now and do not remember which LEDs on the motherboard are lit up. When I get home I will check. Also yes that is my motherboard

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019
Now that I'm thinking about it, I plugged the HDMI into the motherboard instead of the graphics card. Huge noob mistake. When I get home from work I will plug it into the GPU and hope that it boots up. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the help!

Apr 23, 2019
Everything is working fine now! Plugged HDMI into GPU, booted perfectly. Plugged the cooler fan into the AIO Port, plugged my fan splitter into the CPU fan port.