Question Pc powers on but no display Ive followed multiple guides

Mar 4, 2021
Hello recently my front panel messed up so i had to remove it, but a few weeks later i turned off my pc and it wont display now. It will turn on and everything seems ok (sometimes cut off within the first minute) Ive tested the psu, rotated ram slots used 1 stick etc, reseated from scratch and tried to boot minimum hardware. My gpu fans are running but i have noticed it isnt as loud as it use to be. Sometimes i can hear my fans kind of pulsing it sounds like they want to die. Ive tried hdmi and dp on 2 different monitors. Im going to retest my psu later. Could anyone give me any info that might help?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Without knowing anything else....

So, by removing the front panel due to it being "messed up" did this also mean that you were using a tool to power cycle the motherboard? Or are we simply talking about taking off a cosmetic bit?

It would be super helpful to give us some info about what you are working with and more specifically what you mean by that front panel. Based on what you are saying and my perception of it I would say you shorted something out with the screwdriver you were using to hit the power pins. (never mind that you never mentioned a screwdriver or the other bit) ;)

Reactions: BoneDry
Mar 4, 2021
Yeah ive been using a screwdriver i tried to just keep it on, but it needed a shutdown. I dont think i shorted anything how do i know if i did? And if i did do i need to just leave it alone to prevent further damage and replace mobo? Mobo seems to be fully operational