[SOLVED] PC powers on for a sec when PSU is off (after I press the power button) (residual charge)

Jan 14, 2021
When I turn off the PSU and then I press the power button, the PC turns on for a second.

I had built my first PC, and it posted successfully the first time but when I moved to the other room it didn't post, so I looked for a solution on the internet and I found one: basically turn off the PSU and then press the power button to get rid of the residual charge.

And yeah after I did that the LED + Fans (probably entire PC too) turned on for merely a second and then switched off.
After that, I turned the PSU on and powered the PC then it posted.

I realized that there is a residual charge every time I switch the PSU from on to off. and I have to press the power button after I turn the PSU off to get rid of it.

So is this normal? should I be concerned about it? or is this a sign that one of my PC parts is faulty or maybe I did something wrong while building the PC?

PSU: CoolerMaster MWE V2 750W 80plus white
MOBO: X470 Gaming Plus Max
Case: Corsair Delta RGB

Solution
I don't think so. It just means if you are going to turn off your PC and do something inside the case you need to press the power button a few times with the PSU switch off to dissipate any residual charge.
Jan 14, 2021
No. I never turn the PSU off or turn the power switch off unless I'm moving the PC. my PC works normally unless I switch the PSU off, then I would have to press the power button to get rid of the charge so that it can post the next time I turn the PC on.
I was just wondering if this was normal.

Last edited: