Ryzen 7 2700
MSI tomahawk 350 motherboard
MSI GTX 1060 6GB
16GB (8GBx2) Ballistix sport ram
120GB kingston ssd
1TB wd blue hard drive
Corsair CX550 power supply
Corsair carbide series 100r case

I fully built the PC and everything was going very well until i powered it on. all leds turned on and fans started spinning. the cpu ez debug light turns on for a few seconds and then turns off again. no other debug lights turn on. the fans go to their idle speed.the monitor however does not display anything. I have made sure the hdmi cable is plugged in to the graphics card port and not the motherboard. the monitor has power and registers that the hdmi cable is plugged in but says no signal. i have tried removing all un-needed components for boot and tried using just 1 ram stick but i have had no luck. could this be a problem with the motherboard?
If anyone has any advice or knows what going wrong please help me out.
Thanks.

Jul 28, 2018
Okay so this is your first computer build. Congrats. But with this description plus knowing the lack of experience, there is a million things this could be, HOWEVER...

If I had to guess, I would venture to say that the ram you got is not compatible with ryzen chips, and I say this because although you didn't specify the exact part number of the ram, I haven't found many ballistic sticks that actually are...a part number for the ram would provide more insight.

Supported memory for Ryzen 7 2700 : DDR4-2933

Other than being too slow, the memory you have is compatible.

Your problem is you need a processor that works with earlier BIOS versions for the PC to boot up. Then you can update the BIOS to a version that supports the Ryzen 7 2700.

Unable to Boot New Desktop System Configured with AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen™ Desktop Processor, and AMD Socket AM4 300-Series Motherboard
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx