Pc powers up, does not post to BIOS

Zsai2354

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
Hi Guys,

I was on my PC one evening and my game froze and the PC was no longer responding. I had no other choice but to shut down via pressing power button for 5 seconds.

Upon rebooting I got no display and my peripherals don't light up. PSU light is green, case fans spin, CPU fan spins, GPU fans spin. I decided to strip back my PC component by component in an attempt to find the faulty piece. I got all the way back to just my Mobo, PSU, Cpu & CPU cooler and still had no joy to even reach bios.

I have tried singular sticks of RAM, all 4 RAM slots switching between either of my 2 sticks of RAM and still didn't get anywhere. I then tried my old PSU which I was using before upgrading to my current which I know worked last time I used and this didn't work either.

I've bought a case speaker and with just Mobo and CPU I get continuous beep indicating no RAM and after inserting RAM I get no beep codes from speaker but still don't have a display. I've RMAd my Motherboard and Gigabyte have tested and works fine (and sent me the YT video of it on their breadboard system).

Has anyone got any ideas? I'm assuming the case speaker confirms RAM is ok so therefore it must be CPU related?

Pc Specs:
Intel i7-4770k
Gigabyte Z87-D3HP Mobo
Corsair AX760i Digital ATX '80 Plus Platinum' PSU
Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1866 2 x 4gb

Appreciate any responses and suggestions.

Thanks.

Zsai2354

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
Hi Again,

To add to this I went out a bought a Corsair Vengeance 8gb ddr3 1866mhz ram set as RAM was the last thing I could not be 100% sure about. Sure enough the RAM has not helped at all.
I have breadboarded my system which my Mobo on wooden bench, CPU in socket, CPU Cooler, PSU and 1 (and many variations tried) stick(s) of RAM.
The only cables in are 24pin PSU to mobo, 8pin PSU to CPU socket on mobo are cooler 4pin into the Mobo CPU Fan socket.

Given I have had the Mobo passed off as working by Gigabyte, I have tried 2 sets of RAM, 2 different PSUs with multiple mains sockets tried then does this mean there is something wrong with the CPU (or cooler could be causing the issue?)

The case speaker makes a click noise followed by 2 quicker ticks on power up, still no post or display. CPU has no visible defects and confident it is properly seated as there is the 2 cut outs and the corner that need to align for it to go in.

Any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks