Question PC powers up twice

Oct 22, 2019
Hello, so i have read multiple threads here and there, but still wanted to ask it myself on my components...
Here's actual presentation of what it does: https://photos.app.goo.gl/obz326cWvr62TkGK7

This happens only when i completely shut down and unplug power cable, otherwise it powers up normally... Previously i had same specs just z370 gaming pro carbon and Quark 1200w Platinum and i have not seen behavior like this. Is there a serious problem or "feature" it is?

Specs:
Maximus XI Hero
TridentZ 3000mhz 16gb
H115i Pro
Rm750x (2015)

Oct 22, 2019
Could be the BIOs boot adjusting to the ram speed if it is set xmp or manually clocked. Might be worth checking your Ram settings to what the MOBO can handle as an idea.....

How old is the PSU?
Yes, XMP I is on and default xmp 3000 profile is set... About PSU, i bought it last year, but it's 2015 model, so....

Check that the 960 Evo is set as the priority boot drive, it seems to me that bios is trying to boot from settings it 'aint comfy with and then going to it's comfort/secondry setting. I would set all BIOS settings to default and see if it can boot first time and then work your way through howyou want it at until it starts messing again. Best of luck !!

Oct 22, 2019
Check that the 960 Evo is set as the priority boot drive, it seems to me that bios is trying to boot from settings it 'aint comfy with and then going to it's comfort/secondry setting. I would set all BIOS settings to default and see if it can boot first time and then work your way through howyou want it at until it starts messing again. Best of luck !!
Hm.. strangely enough often it does prompt me to load previous values as soon as i enter bios... idk why

Oct 22, 2019
Also checked and Boot #1 is Windows Boot Manager which boots from 960 evo, so there is everything OK... there are some settings turned on here and there in boot config, idk what's what tho...

Oct 22, 2019
Because it doesn't like something you have set in the BIOS. That is why it loads twice. When in doubt, select the "load optimized defaults" and save.
Did that already, but still it does same and same... Error Code is A0 which is pretty fine ye? basically what i am changing in bios is: setting XMP to I, setting case fans to Turbo mode... that's all, however i have tried even with fully default values and it does same

Do you have a fan plugged into the CPU_FAN connector at the top of the board? Your board has three connectors bundled, so it is unclear if any one connector is required, however almost all motherboards within the past decade require a fan to be plugged into the header labeled CPU-FAN in order to boot properly.

Oct 22, 2019
Do you have a fan plugged into the CPU_FAN connector at the top of the board? Your board has three connectors bundled, so it is unclear if any one connector is required, however almost all motherboards within the past decade require a fan to be plugged into the header labeled CPU-FAN in order to boot properly.
Nope, pump is connected to Pump Header and cpu fan is set to ignored to let me launch it