[SOLVED] PC Problem Help needed please

Jun 1, 2020
Apologies if I’ve posted in the wrong place, I’m looking for help troubleshooting my pc, it was a first build and has been fine for 2 weeks until last night after playing for 20 minutes or so it just shut itself off....I was able to restart but it just shut off again after a minute of so......I let it cool and tried later in the evening where it continued to follow the same pattern shutting off after 20 mins or so...when I tried to restart I then couldn’t and it seemed to be in a loop and the indicator lights on the MB were flashing I will post a video if I can.....

tried again this morning and it booted ok and was working fine just on desktop for about 10 minutes before the display went and the motherboard lights were flashing again, RGB ram also flashes on off in Time continues until I remove power cable.

video below

View: https://youtu.be/01kyYCxSZ5w
Msi Gaming plus max b450
Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair RM750X
XFX THICC ULTRA III
Corsair Vengeance pro DDR4 3200 2x8gb

Solution
I can only suggest you check things like only booting with a single RAM stick, checking all the cables and components are seated properly. Check the cooler is attached properly. If anyone on here knows what the lights mean, that would be great. Good luck. Can you share a close up photo of the motherboard lights - powered down, so we can see any printed text on the motherboard in that area.

Diddly

Distinguished
I can only suggest you check things like only booting with a single RAM stick, checking all the cables and components are seated properly. Check the cooler is attached properly. If anyone on here knows what the lights mean, that would be great. Good luck. Can you share a close up photo of the motherboard lights - powered down, so we can see any printed text on the motherboard in that area.

Solution
Jun 1, 2020
This actually sounds very similar to what is happening with mine, and interesting that it’s the same PSU

Jun 1, 2020

From bottom to top it’s: boot vga dram cpu.

The computer will boot initially each day or after no use for say an hour.....this cpu light flashing only happens after the computer has switched itself off without warning and on the resultant attempted re-boot is when this light sequence begins.

I’ve checked 8 pin plug and it is well seated..I’ve just removed 1 ram stick and run a game for 30 mins without issue...this was straight after the computer had turned itself off. ......
Now putting it back in and seeing if it makes a difference

Last edited:
Reactions: Diddly
Jun 1, 2020
Apologies, rude of me not to return and give the outcome...your original suggestion was correct it appears that one of the ram sticks was not seated correctly, I removed one and it worked fine, then put it back in again and it’s be fine since. Thank you for your help